calories intake

Options
Hi, I've been on a diet for nearly 3 weeks and I have lost 5 pounds.
I jog 6 days a week for 60 minutes.
my calorie intake is around 900 a day and i just found out this is really bad, and thays probably why i havent lost more.
but also Im happy with my 5 pounds loss.
Should I stick on my 900 calories intake or increase for 1200 calories?

Thanks.

Replies

• MzChiz
    MzChiz Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Definitely increase!!!!
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    increase it to net 1200 at least:))
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Keep your net calories at 1200 minimum. Keeps your body from starvation mode
  • msartishia
    msartishia Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else. If you are running that much increase your intake.
  • BroDave
    BroDave Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like what you are doing is working. I wonder about fixing things that are not broke?
  • patrick1daugherty
    Options
    INCREASE!!! what your doing is putting your body into starvation mode.your body needs more fuel. you will actually lose weight faster if you increase your cal count to around 1500...now that doesn't mean fill your 1500 with cookies, doughnuts, hamburgers , soda, chips, etc..lots of proteins, tuna, fish, grilled chicken breast, eggs, rice, lettuce, veggies, fruit (but no fruit juices...to much sugar) low fat yogurts, you get the idea.

ive been trying to get to 1500 a day,,but not on top of my work out, i just try to eat 1500 cal and what ever i burn on my workouts and runs, so be it.
  • PinkieBoo
    PinkieBoo Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Definitely increase to 1200. I'm not a expert, but I don't think it's a good thing to make your intake less than 1000 per day.
  • sonjavenae
    sonjavenae Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I think you should increase to 1200 cal. I have read that if your under 1200 calories you will not lose weight .