NSV - No Coke

Options
rlawrimore
rlawrimore Posts: 72 Member
Today, marks 3 months since I had a real Coke or Pepsi. I have choosen to drink only water or diet soda. Now I am trying to drink only water this week.

Replies

• staceeyxox
    staceeyxox Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow Coke or Dr Pepper is my weakness I really need to give it up but its so hard! Well done you :)
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Today, marks 3 months since I had a real Coke or Pepsi. I have choosen to drink only water or diet soda. Now I am trying to drink only water this week.

well done! not only is that good for your health but you're also helping protect your teeth!
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I gave up pop 4 years ago for lent and haven't had any since. It's an awesome feeling :smile:
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Well done. That is great. I gave up all fizzy drinks over a month ago and cant believe how easy it was. I was seriously addicted. My stomach is so much flatter since not drinking it. Keep up the good work you will have no problem giving up the diet stuff.
  • shelly067
    shelly067 Posts: 11
    Options
    Way to go!!!!! Soda's are definately a tease for me.... I usually do good the first part of the week and then break down and have one. They say Water is the best thing for your body! My doctor puts it this way to me: When you drink nothing but water- your kidney's are jumping up and down in relief b/c they don't have to work so hard to filter. Water is a vacation for your kidneys!

BRAVO!!!!!!!!
  • alexa_image
    alexa_image Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Good job, I know you can do it.
  • jen2bhottie
    jen2bhottie Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda about 8 years ago but even then I didn't like dark sodas, only Sprint or Ginger Ale. I started drinking fountain coke about 3 years ago and just kept going. I haven't had soda for about 6 weeks but I took a sip from my son the other night (I was eating pizza!) and it tasted horrible again! Amazing what happens once we get all of this crap out of our systems!

Great job!! I'm sure your body thanks you!
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! My God Father lost over 150 LB's by watching his diet, exercising, and cutting out soda!! It was the final thing holding on to him...He looks fantastic now...
  • jamierizzo
    jamierizzo Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I gave up soda a year ago. Dr. Pepper and Root beer were my favorites, now water and green tea are my favorites. Great job!!
  • gemco
    gemco Posts: 129
    Options
    I'm going to do this, i only really have diet ones but still, they're just rubbish aren't they. i do so love proper coke, think i'll keep it as a real treat. thanks for the nudge!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!