I Don't Wanna Do My Homework

DBranchaud
DBranchaud Posts: 827 Member
edited September 19 in Chit-Chat
Ughhhh, So bored and lacking the educational motivation. I have already spent an hour sitting down staring at this dang screen. I'm tired of it. AND it's sunny out!:grumble:

Can I take a break since I'm about half done my rough draft? I just have to finish the rest, proofread it and type it up for good. Then I can hand it in when it's due next Thursday. Sometimes College is not as fun as the movies make it:laugh:

Replies

• DBranchaud
    Ughhhh, So bored and lacking the educational motivation. I have already spent an hour sitting down staring at this dang screen. I'm tired of it. AND it's sunny out!:grumble:

Can I take a break since I'm about half done my rough draft? I just have to finish the rest, proofread it and type it up for good. Then I can hand it in when it's due next Thursday. Sometimes College is not as fun as the movies make it:laugh:
  • DBranchaud
    I'll be back... I need to log off and pack up my stuff to go to the bathroom.....No way am i leaving my laptop alone on campus.
  • How can you be having spring fever in November??? I totally understand, though! :glasses:
  • DBranchaud
    How can you be having spring fever in November??? I totally understand, though! :glasses:
    I wanna enjoy the sun while it's still out!!! Snow's a comin' soon.:brokenheart: I'm probably just tired of sitting down so much today. I think I'll go for a walk before my next class. I'll finish the paper after or when I get home. I left a book I need for part of it there anyway.
  • I'm having a similar challenge today.....I am home sick with a cold and feeling such a lack of motivation when it comes to my homework. There are some assignments due tomorrow and I haven't even touched them yet. :noway:

Sometimes what helps me is to set small, attainable goals like reading 5 pages, or proofreading one paragraph, or working on something, anything, for 15 minutes. That gets me started and what usually happens is something will spark my attention and interest and I will keep going. If I allow myself to get "overwhelmed", I don't do as well. So, give it a try! I also like to do an hour of homework with two hours off in between study sessions. In between I will do something physical like laundry, run the vacuum, or go to the gym. Then, I get back to studying. I don't know if any of this helps you or not, but it works for me usually.

Andrea
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Very OT, but I like your new picture! :flowerforyou:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    I have the same dilemma! I have this paper due tomorrow and Im NOT motivated to do it. It's cold and rainy outside and I'm really not in the mood to research conducting techniques of famous choristers...ugh.

If I can get the motivation, I'll get through it rather quickly, but I'd rather sit in bed and watch Christmas movies or something haha.

It's such a lazy day...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Oh how I remember those days....

My "I don't wanna do my homework" has now been transformed into "I don't wanna do any work at my job". :laugh:
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member

My "I don't wanna do my homework" has now been transformed into "I don't wanna do any work at my job". :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Isn't it amazing how transposable our college skills are??? :wink:

*sitting at work, not doing any work*
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member

:laugh: :laugh: Isn't it amazing how transposable our college skills are??? :wink:

*sitting at work, not doing any work*

ROFLMAO
    So THAT is what I was learning in college?
  • laird20k
    laird20k Posts: 96 Member
    I the same.. I have an essay due on the 14th.. It would so much easier to start it today but i probably wont... I've spent the past month studying and working by butt off.. well not literally, although i wish.. I'm sick of being so busy.. I cant wait until christmas holidays.. ahh 3 weeks of rest.. although the christmas food is a scary thought!!!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    I don't know about you guys, but I still haven't done my homework. Guess its repeat all my classes next year.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    I wonder is she ever did her homework...
This discussion has been closed.