Ideas and motivation techniques please...

Options
Hi myfitnesspaller's,

I am currently trying to lose the spare tyre around my belly. I have reduced the amount of carbs drastically and eliminated carbonated drink and alcohol, but seem to struggle to lose the tyre!

I have a healthy balanced diet, consume around 3-4ltrs of water per day and my targets are 1580 Net Cals, 217g carbs, 52g fat, 59g protein. I regularly exercise with 5 x 60mins cardio sessions on the X-trainer, 5 x 15mins on the row machine and 4 days per week on the general weights.

Is there a mystical secret that I'm missing as I've seemed to have hit a slow patch in the ole weight loss and cant see a visible sign of loss?

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks all =D

Replies

• galgon
    galgon Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    First i'd say to be patient. you seem to be doing all the right things to help your body get into shape so just stick with it.

Second you may want to think about mentally staying under 1300 calories per day with those extra 280 being in reserve. it may help.

drink 8 cups of water a day and try to stay up on your vegetables (salads for lunch helped me a lot, just pushed most of my dinner from the night before out of me).

Hope this helps, best of luck and keep up the good work.
  • citabean
    citabean Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You might not be eating enough for the amount of exercise you're doing. Also, look at upping your healthy fats (nuts, avocados, coconut oil, olive oil...)

From what I know, if you're not eating enough your body will slow down a bit. Up your eating 500 calories a day and see where it gets you in a couple weeks.
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    I talked to a trainer over the weekend - who suggested that I switch up my exercise routine every 2 weeks just to keep my body guessing at what it'd be doing next. I'm hoping this will help me get past this slow patch I'm in!
  • aneumany
    aneumany Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    wat is an X-trainer?.. running is really good to help lose weight, do ab workouts, but you might wanna do less constant cardio time (60 mins) and more of an interval training, pushing ur heart rate and burning the fat in less amount of time.. i do everyother day, one day constant running, cardio, watever and then my intervals every other day in between, and i start off with a 6.0 4 min warmup, then hit 7.0 for 1 min and then 5.0 for 2 mins and do that for about 25 mins.. do as much as u can, but u will be shocked how many calories u burn in such a short amount of time bc ur not letting ur heart rate rest and ur burning all tha fat, also try workin out in the mornin, apparently bc ur body has fasted overnight (before u eat) that when u workout, ur automatically burning fat right off the bat...hope this helps, also try circuits.
  • rickolas
    rickolas Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi Peeps,

Thanks for the rapid responses, going to amend my routine to accommodate more interval training and switch things about to keep things fresh. I really appreciate these comments, it makes me feel that I'm not alone doing all this.

=D
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    How long have you been on the new routine? Also remember the longer it's been there the longer it takes to come off. I recommend trying HIIT as well as setting your diet in place for 30-60 days. If you see no change visually then up your carbs and try the same workout of HIIT, then give it 30-60 more days. If you still see nothing then change another variable but only one variable change at a time!!!!

Woah woah woah. I just noticed your specs. You need way more protein and like 2/3 of your carbs. I shoot for 45/35/20-Protein/Carbs/Fat.