New here

Options
My name is Sarah I am 169 lbs.I had my last baby 2 yrs ago.I am really trying to lose weight.
I do not eat breakfast in the morning.Just coffee in the morning and sometimes I will eat lunch.Is that the problem here?I heard if you don't eat breakfast your body just absorbs everthing you eat.
I need help on how to do this the right way.I forced myself to eat Special K this morning without the milk.

Thank you for any advice :smile:

Replies

• denisedepaul42
    denisedepaul42 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Always eat breakfast!!!! I used to be a no breakfast kinda girl just coffee. I have seen a lot of success by adding a good breakfast...fuel your body!!!

make sure your eating at least 1200 calories a day to see weighloss. Drink water!!

Good luck!

Denise
  • VegasBaby
    VegasBaby Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi Sarah!

I am new too :) But, I have used MFP and lost about 10 pounds, then I stopped logging my food and here I am again! (Only now I am up by about 5 pounds...my heaviest :(

Anyway, you should definitely eat breakfast (as I am sure everyone else here will tell you). Special K is a great choice, and I truly find eating something in the morning really does diminish my hunger at night time (a normally snacky time for me!)

Anyway, good luck and remember we are all in this together!

Jenny
  • tdjones00
    tdjones00 Posts: 68
    Options
    Skinny Denise knows what she is talking about.
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Welcome Sarah!

Breakfast is always a good idea - by the time you wake up you probably haven't had anything for at least 6 or 7 hours, and not having breakfast can elicit a starvation response from your body where it tries to retain the fat stores. It also boosts your energy for the remainder of the day as well.

It may seem a little counterintuitive, but eating more will help you lose weight.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you need any encouragement.
  • kaylaCdewire1311
    Options
    Skinny Denise is absolutely right. ALWAYS eat BREAKFAST! It kickstarts your metabolism. I never used to eat breakfast either... if you are watching you calorie intake, I eat boiled egg whites for breakfast. They are only about 17 calories each. WELCOME! Today's my first day too!
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    Hi there,
    I too would never eat breakfast, but I am amazed at the difference in my eating habits throughout the rest of the day, since I started eating something. Try something different, I don't like cereals or milk so tend to go for toast with tomatoes, mushrooms and a poached egg if I have the time, or yoghurt with fruit.
    Experiment, and keep trying different things, it keeps the boredom at bay!!
    Good Luck x