Slim Fast buddies

Options
Im on week 2 of slimfast i find it okay but i know i need to add more low calorie snacks to my day as i can become light headed.

Anyone else on the slimfast plan? How you finding it? and whats your loss been like?

Replies

• shuneault
    shuneault Posts: 13
    Options
    I drink a Slim Fast shake every morning for breakfast because it's quick and easy but I don't follow the actual Slim Fast diet because I found myself starving by dinner time and nothing could fill me. Now that I just have the shake in the morning, my weight loss is back on track.
  • RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    Slim Fast is bad news... Nothing but empty calories. All it is is a gimmick and will not provide you with lasting or healthy results. Anything that is a "diet" you should stear clear from. Just try making healthy choices and excersize. "diets" don't work... You need a "lifestyle change."
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to do a Protein diet then you need to go to a better protein shake. There are lots of them available: Pure Protein, Premier Protein, Muscle Milk Light, Jay Robb, etc.

These have a high protein levels that help you stay fuller longer and provide much better nutrition than Slim Fast.

I have never had luck with Slim Fast but I do the Premier Protein twice a day.
  • Amazingwillbeme
    Amazingwillbeme Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Im wanting to lose weight for my holiday in june so its just a short term thing untill i reach my first goal, after holiday i plan to have it for one meal a day and have a varied diet
  • TubbieMummy20
    Options
    i'm on the slim fast diet, i love it! i generally feel hungry a couple of hours later but i usually just eat a go ahead biscuit bar or something low in calories...fruit etc

My Dietrician said there is nothing wrong with it so long as you do it right and make sure you eat enough with the snacks and things, and then you have to sort of wean of it like replacing a shake with a healthy breakfast or lunch!

I've recommended and just like many other things it doesnt work for everyone but it has for me i have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks on this plan! and once i get down to my desired weight i definatly will continue one shake a day because i think they are lovely :)

Hope i Helped in someway

x
  • Shua456
    Shua456 Posts: 211
    Options
    I drink a slimfast shake for lunch most days but I add fruit to it. Strawberries and peaches are both great in them. They keep me full all afternoon so that I don't feel like snacking and then I eat a higher protein dinner.

You'll get all sorts of opinions on Slimfast. Do what works for you. I don't follow the slimfast plan but I do actually really like their shakes and having one a day works well for me.
  • beccafertig
    beccafertig Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Im on week 2 of slimfast i find it okay but i know i need to add more low calorie snacks to my day as i can become light headed.

Anyone else on the slimfast plan? How you finding it? and whats your loss been like?

I've been doing slim fast for a little over a week, and I love it. I do the "mix it yourself" powdered shake mix so I can use organic fat free milk with it. I did not care for the slim fast snack/meal bars, so I tried Luna nutrition bars for women. The wrappers say they are 70% organic, and extremely nutritious. Out of the four flavors I've sampled so far, I loved 3 of them (white chocolate macadamia, chocolate peppermint stick, and nuts over chocolate). They are far superior to the slim fast bars in nutritional value, and very satisfying.