HOODIA has anyone tried it?

Options
What is the deal with this new product?? I know with ALLI you have massive uncontrollable pooping spells that are basically all greasy. But what about this new thing that is coming out now?

It is ok to take it in that Green Tea pill?? I know you're not supposed to have it supplemented with anything due to fillers but has anyone tried the pure Hoodia or Hoodia mix with green tea or anything else??

Replies

• natabugg
    Options
    What is the deal with this new product?? I know with ALLI you have massive uncontrollable pooping spells that are basically all greasy. But what about this new thing that is coming out now?

It is ok to take it in that Green Tea pill?? I know you're not supposed to have it supplemented with anything due to fillers but has anyone tried the pure Hoodia or Hoodia mix with green tea or anything else??
  • brazeaut
    brazeaut Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am taking it with the Green Tea mix. Mega T it's called. About all this does for me is somewhat surpress the appetite to allow me to think and make wiser choices without feeling like I am hungry all the time. I have read up on Hoodia and basically there is only 3 brands that have Hoodia in it's purest and most effective form which is the root. You follow a link on this site for the 3 kinds or an article about it.

You name the diet pill and I have probably tried it. The thing is, many of them do work when combined with diet and exercise but as soon as you go off them even if you are still exercising boom you immediately start gaining. Some of them have such good appetite suppressants that even the thought of eating makes me nautious and then there is not way to get even 3 normal meals in let alone 5 or 6 small ones.

What I was looking for was something to give a small appetite suppressant and a little bit of an energy boost. This stuff works perfect for the appetite issue (allows me to recognize emotional or boredom eating and avoid it) but I am still in need of something for energy...would love some suggestions cuz the exercise is not giving me the energy I thought it would.
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    Most of the time, in my opinion, you are better off without diet aids, pills etc.. The same thing always holds true, "To lose weight you must consume less calories than you burn." Match this with excersise and you build muscle, which raises your metobolic rate to a degree, (muscle burns more energy than fat.) I think we all feel we need a 'magic pill', or at least a helper, me included. But in the long run diet and excesise is the key. (Myself I figured if I could get one of those Star Trek transporters implanted in my throat, I could eat all I want and beam the rest into someone whom I don't like stomach):smile:
  • bob9304
    bob9304 Posts: 87
    Options
    Additional to Brazeaut, try some of the 'B' vitamins I have heard they can help with energy, my Brother-in-Law is a physician and he told me to take them, I have more energy but I couldn't tell you if it's from the B or more physical activity.
  • amthomps521
    Options
    Hi,

I tried Hoodia after doing some research on it. I also understood that there are few out there that are pure and good quality. I tried one of them, can't remember which it was a year and a half ago. I really thought it helped. Unfortunately I found out I'm allergic to it -a week after starting it I had problems with skin rashes. I stopped taking it, skin cleared up and I tried it again a month later same thing happened. I was really bummed. I didn't have any other side effects either. I think it's worth a try, just do the research and pick a good product. Good Luck!
  • peacefulwarrior
    Options
    Hoodia and Green Tea are both good herbal supplements to aid in weight loss, but remember that's all they are is to aid in weight loss. Nothing beats old fashioned hard work so taken with a good workout/exercise program they should help, but everyone is different and respond in different ways. The only other advice I can give is to cycle off whatever supplement you take, for example take Hoodia for three weeks then don't take it for a week then repeat. The body will always get used to whatever supplement you feed it that's why cycling supplements is so important. This is just my thoughts though, good luck in all your goals.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I tried it once, the problem is the people in africa that eat it eat large amounts that they will never be able to fit into a "miracle pill". Also, the longer you use it the more you have to use for it to be effective and it can make you really thirsty! Most Hoodia pills come with a warning to drink 8 oz of water for every pill to ensure that the pill gets all the way into your stomach or when it swells up there is a possiblity of choking.

Just exercise and eat right, it truly is the only way to do this long term. You didn't put weight on over night you shouldn't expect to take it off over night. Besides, if any of those "diet" products actually worked would we really have any fatties walking around, don't think so.
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I tried it about a year ago. Still have half the bottle. It was a waste of money and did absolutely nothing to suppress my appetite. The only difference is that I wasn't hungry after I drank the glass of water with each pill. Hmmmmm.........maybe we should put water in a bottle and call it an appetite suppressant!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    exactly same results 4 me, if u drink a whole glass of anything b4 you eat you wont eat as much!!!