Replies

• FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Looking at my ticker
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    these days, i excercise to earn more calories.
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    When I really, really don't want to, I don't. I don't force myself to exercise. Because when I genuinely don't want to, I've usually got a good reason for it. For those days that I'm just being lazy, I think about my weigh-in on the weekend. :)
  • MeliciousMelis
    MeliciousMelis Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I totally fake the feeling of being really excited to be going to the gym. I get in the car, drive over listening to loud music, I hop on the elliptical and go hard at a high incline/resistance, and make sure the music is fast, upbeat and before I know it, I'm not faking it any more. It's kind of amazing to me that working out has become such a part of my life, I can't imagine NOT doing it.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    If I don't want to exercise I don't. It's only worth doing something if you want to, or you get negative connotations from it and won't sustain it long term. As I discovered doing the 30 day shred. I didn't enjoy it, so I gave up.
  • LaCubana9
    LaCubana9 Posts: 112
    Options
    When I belonged to a gym, I enjoyed classes because of the feeling of power in the group and the motivation I got from the instructor. In my brief move to Miami, I have not joined a gym since I'm moving to Chicago in a month or so. I thought I'd never be motivated to do exercise at home- then, I found Turbo Jam who's powered by an inspiring woman named Chalene Johnson. It's like crack, but MUCH healthier! LOL I say, find something you LOVE. Exercise has to be fun or you won't do it for the rest of your life.
  • Peschuntz
    Peschuntz Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    A big "thank you" to all who posted! I was incredulous at the response my question got within such a short time! (I loaded up the dishwasher and came back to these wonderful posts.) I have two activities I want to tackle this evening - so it will either be a kettlebell workout or my trusty NordicTrack ski machine (still a great workout and the precursor to the elliptical). Once again, thanks for your responses and if anyone would like to add to these, I hope you'll do so! Best regards, Faith
  • rjnandjosh
    rjnandjosh Posts: 168
    Options
    The mirror:sad: :mad: :laugh:
  • littttlelaurra
    littttlelaurra Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Oh the many reasons to exercise now when I dont wanna, let me count the reasons why!

To get rid of the things I HATE:

1. My before photos from 3 weeks ago.
    2. My saggy obese belly.
    3. My flabby arms with wings.
    4. My big bubble butt that has several zip codes.
    5. My double neck , can we say bullfrog, ribbit ribbit.
    6. My cottage cheese jiggling thighs.
    7. My plus size clothing.

To find the things I would LOVE (again):

1. A firm flat belly.
    2. Slender toned arms.
    3. Cute round butt.
    4. Noticable colar & cheek bones.
    5. Fit and smooth thighs.
    6. Fun and flirty wardrobe
    7. Being healthy.

Top 2 reasons:

1. To never again see instant attraction and then utter digust on a mans face when he sees my face and then my body.
    2. To take my daughter on every roller coaster up and down the east coast summer of 2012 as her college graduation present.
  • doorbouchard
    Options
    my 3 kids... dont want to miss a moment of their life
  • callipygianchronicle
    callipygianchronicle Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    When I don’t want to, I go anyway. I tell myself that I am paying to go, not to stay home. Every day I don’t use my membership, I am wasting the money I have already spent. So I go. I tell myself I can pull back and don’t have to workout as hard. But as soon as I there and start moving, I’m okay. Not to mention I work from home and have my daughter with me all day. Gym time is an hour-plus of time where I only focus on my own needs. So, it’s usually not too hard for me to go.
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I just start going over my mantra in my head, "Fu*k this fat *kitten*" Over and over.
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I have major depression and also many symptoms of bipolar disorder. I have found that exercise is CRUCIAL to mood management for me. I still struggle with mood swings regardless, but a good workout can be the difference between an emotional breakdown and a stellar day. So whenever I feel like I don't want to workout, I remember that.
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When I'm not in the mood to go run, I turn on my ipod to my running playlist. I feel like pavlov's dog. As soon as I hear it, I feel the need to run! LOL!
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I have to be honest, I didn't exercise for the past 2 weeks because I was suffering through a bout of situational depression. The situation hasn't changed, but I am getting better at dealing with it. I'm back to exercising this week because the dress I ordered to wear to my nephew's wedding in May came in. I can't get it zipped all the way up. That is motivation. I don't want to get a larger size and I really love the dress. So, whether I feel like it or not, I'm back at it.
  • kaveril422
    kaveril422 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    dont give it a second thought just do it.

That's me too. I don't want to be overweight and exercise is the only way to fix it.
  • CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    This is a post that I wrote for another thread. It is what keeps me going when i don't want to:

"Just for Today:I will focus on ideas vs reality, or what I like to call "The Rear View Mirror Principle".

During the day a lot of thoughts and ideas come to me: "I want to have a fuzzy sock day. I want to lay in bed all day and read a book. I want to eat junk food. I want to watch movies that I haven't watched in a while. Exercise is too hard. Eating right sucks. A nap would be more fun the a stroll on the dreadmill." Last night, post workout, I read someone's status that they were trying to get up the enthusiam for a workout, but a nap sounded better. It struck me how often (Most minutes of every day) I have the same thoughts. But having already completed my workout for the day, I was able to honestly say, that although the idea of the nap is better going forward, the reality of the workout is way better in the rear view mirror. What do you want to see in your rear view mirror at the end of the day? "
  • leomentlines
    leomentlines Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I get up and workout because:
    1. I want to complete Power 90 (and update my ticker each time I complete a workout)
    2. I look at my size 14 jeans that I can't fit just yet that are hanging in my closet
    3. If I talk myself into just getting through the first 10 minutes I go ahead and finish the entire DVD
    4. I want to buy my bathing suit! I refuse to buy one until I get <190 pounds!
  • Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    I do. Today I didn't want to work out. I'm tired, and I just didn't feel like it. But I thought about how far I've come, how hard it's been, and where I want to go. And I got my butt off the couch and I did my work out. 40 minutes later, I felt so much better.
  • Aylilth
    Aylilth Posts: 125
    Options
    My kids driving me nuts and I can put them in the childminding :laugh:

K seriously I do have those days but it's jus a habit now really, something feels outta place when I don't go.