Stalled weightloss, so I joined MFP.

Options
Hi all!

I've been trying to lose weight (using a competitor site that I had to pay for an wasn't at all impressed with) since January. I have managed to lose 16 lbs, which is awesome, but I'm still a good 14 away from my goal. I haven't lost anything in the last month. My eating habits have gone down the drain again. I'm not back up to my average 3000 cal per day (yikes, I know!) but I'm easily over 2000. Whic means the weight is coming back.

I'm a bridesmaid in less than 4 weeks and need to drop some more weight. I'm relatively active and bought a treadmill 6 weeks ago (but have only now gotten into a routine with it again)... but the dress is tight and I look like a snake who swallowed a pig in it. (Seriously, people are still asking if I'm pregnant, even though my youngest is almost 3. I carry the bulk of my weight in my tummy. It's not spread out - it looks like a fab beer gut. I call it my chocolate baby.)

I know calorie control is a HUGE issue for me so I'm resolving to track everything I eat for the next 4 weeks. I haven't looked around on MFP yet, but if it offers a buddy system or something similar, if you notice I haven't logged my meals, can you prod me somehow? I need help. I need a drill sergeant or something! I have zero self-control.

Thanks! And I'm glad I found this site. I already prefer it to the last one I was on.

~Rainy

Replies

• absolament
    absolament Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just make sure to eat close to the calories suggested on this site and make sure the calories you claim to burn are close to accurate (heart rate monitor with feature for estimated calories burned). I'm not a very good drill seargent, but I will nag if you don't eat enough. I'm 35. Feel free to friend me.
  • cafeteriagirl
    cafeteriagirl Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Welcome to the community. Dont know if this will help you but when I first started i made my goals in tiny steps. It just seems easier to reach your goal. I try to think of one positive thing that helps me stay motivated. For an example, I didnt have a regular pepsi for the past month. I changed to diet soda since there arent any calories in them. If you can find a friend to walk with that is a big help. It seems a lot easier and quicker when you have someone to talk to while you shed the lbs. Good luck on your goal and I hope you can reach it:) Feel free to friend me.
  • tsparks23
    tsparks23 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The best thing about this site is that is "fun" to get on it. Similar to FB and get addicting. Since joining it 3 months ago, I've 18 pounds. I still have a ways to go, but I have made an impact for sure. I also have joined other things without much success. If you have a smart phone, you can download the app too! Good luck, you look beautiful in your dress.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

Don't be afraid to add myself as well. I can push you as well. :)
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    ... but the dress is tight and I look like a snake who swallowed a pig in it

Lol! I've got the whole butt that sticks out with a belly that sticks out thing going for me. I look like I swallowed TWO pigs, and both are fighting to get out.

My advice is to focus on counting calories and strength-training. Strength-training for women is by far the most effective tool when it comes to fat loss. Yet most women avoid it for fear of "bulking up."

You can friend people on here, and you can also go into Diary Settings and make your diary public. Maybe a few weeks from now you can commit yourself to posting a "How Am I Doing?" post with your diary open. That may motivate you to eat well, knowing your diary will be viewable to a lot of people. :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Make your diary public and add as many of us nosey calorie watchers as you can find :) lol

This will also help us analyze your eating patterns and help you learn better food choices
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    This is the best site. Get on that treadmill and start using it every day. Push yourself like they push those poor people on The Biggest Loser. And, do strength training as one poster has already said. You can add me as a friend if you want. You need to complete your dairy every day (pressing the button) so a status will pop up on your friends' pages so it will be a reminder. Good luck in your weight loss/fitness journey. I KNOW YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!
  • atachauer
    atachauer Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome...
    I also moved over from using a competitor site, I was paying £20 per month to go for a weigh in every now and then when I KNEW i had lost, it got less and less frequent as I lost motivation and i stumbled upon this which is so much better. Kids I work with get very confused!
    'miss, are you preggers?'
    'No im just fat'..
    'no you arent as the rest of you is small but your belly is really big!'
    'Drop it kids! seriously!'

If anything, this site has kickstarted my motivation again, and it puts what I am eating in real terms-calories....not syns or points! It makes it easier to see what choices to make and i dont have to stand at tesco with a silly chart.
    The message boards are good :-)
    I joined on Weds 13th, 0.5kg down in less than a week, and 9.5kg to go.....

Good luck with the Weight loss journey...feel free to add me so we can spur each other on to get rid of the chocolate babies.

Amie
  • rainydayboys
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome! I'm feeling very positive about this. And I'm very pleased with the food log feature - it's so easy to find the types/brands I eat!