Weighing Yourself

Options
How do all of you weight yourselves? I can weigh myself at my inlaws house and get one weight, and weigh myself again at home and Ill get another weight, and we are talking a 4lb difference...how am I supposed to know which is the right weight?

Replies

• Dandan26
    Dandan26 Posts: 7
    Options
    I would take the lower weight :)
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    what time are you weighing yourself at your in-laws? If you've eatten, drank, consumed anything of course you'll weigh more. If you weigh at home, naked, after you go to the restroom in the am the difference could be 4+.

Is their scale calibrated, is yours (on 0)?

I would stick with whichever one you weigh on closest to the time that you wake up.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Just pick a scale and stick with that one.
  • Sunshine_Girlie
    Sunshine_Girlie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    To get the best results, measure yourself on the same scale while wearing the same thing--clothing or not. Unfortunately, you can't rely on every scale to read the same.
  • johalliwell
    johalliwell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    just weigh yourself on your own scales and stick with your own all scales seem a little different
  • doorbouchard
    Options
    my wii balance board... is how i weigh myself..
  • Dippydog
    Dippydog Posts: 154
    Options
    Just pick one scale and go with that weight. That way you can see a steady movement. Also, weigh yourself and then pick up something you know how much it weighs and re-weight yourself.
  • maureak
    maureak Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    It really doesn't matter which scale you want to use. What's most important is that when you weigh yourself, it's on the same scale at the same time of day each time. If you always use the same scale, then you'll be able to tell how you're doing.

And don't forget to take measurements. This is just as important as the scale.
  • shreyaj
    shreyaj Posts: 196
    Options
    The same thing happened to me and I'd get all confused, best thing to do weigh yourself in the morning naked before you've eaten breakfast and not to sound gross or crude and after you've expelled your waste that was digested from the stuff you ate last night. Use the same scale, I use a digital scale because it's easier to read and track your weight. You should only weigh yourself once a week, I'm guilty of it doing all the time though but I'm try to stick to once a week so I don't get discouraged, fluctuation of 1-2 pounds is normal so that's why it's not good to do it everyday.
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately not all scales are the same. Plus, your weight will fluctuate throughout the day as you eat and process what you've eaten. Did you maybe weigh yourself at your parent at the end of the day?

This is precisely why I always weigh myself on the same scale, at the same time of day (Tues & Sat morning before breakfast). By taking most of the variables out of the equation, I know for a fact when my weight changes.
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    I only use my own scale at home and weigh myself on wed.(that way i dont obsess over everything i eat on the weekend). And I only weigh myself nude after i get up in the morning (after going potty) i know, i know but every ounce counts! And I track my TOM so I know if that is interfering with my numbers because it's not uncommon for me to hold 4-5 lbs of 'water weight'. And if it is my TOM i weigh in again a couple days after its over to get a truer weight. So far this has been the best way for me.
  • youknome
    youknome Posts: 63
    Options
    I weight myself every Sunday morning, on the same scales, which is in the same position in the bathroom.
  • StephanieJ82
    Options
    weigh first thing in th AM after you go to the bathroom (lol) clothes off. Then I only weigh every Friday.
  • amerr
    amerr Posts: 190
    Options
    weigh first thing in th AM after you go to the bathroom (lol) clothes off. Then I only weigh every Friday.

That is exactly what I do!
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Like everyone else said, I weigh myself right after I wake up and pee, and always use the same scale because using different ones tends to give you different results. Like my mom's scale always has me weighing less than what mine says, which is gonna be a big ego booster when I go visit her for the summer ;)