I beat the sugar!

Options
2 1/2 weeks ago, I restarted my weight loss goal. On my first true day eating well, I had a HORRIBLE mid afternoon. I craved sugar like CRAAAAAAAAZY. I literally felt like I was out of control. But I got through it, thanks to the awesome people on here. And I can now say, without a doubt, that I beat my sugar addiction. I have not had an actual craving for sugar since that day. I'll have a bite of the kids granola bar here, or a bite of DHs ice cream there, but it's not a craving. I don't feel like I HAVE to have it. It's helped a lot that instead of lazing around during my kids' nap time, I work out. I get up when they do, eat when they do, and work out while they sleep. It's not my ideal time to work out, but it has worked WONDERS.

Plus, as another NSV very similarly related, I had to go buy some easter candy on Sunday. We're doing an egg hunt with our play group, and we're all required to bring some filled eggs. So I bought a bag of the cadbury mini eggs, and put them in the top of my coat closet. And guess what. I forgot they were even there. That's like HUGE for me. I'll have to open them tonight to fill the eggs, and I may have one or two, but nothing like I used to. I am SO proud of myself!!!

Replies

• brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    Good for you! That's a HUGE challenge, and you have every reason to be very proud.:happy:
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    well done thats great:flowerforyou:
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    You should be proud! Keep it up! Congrats!
  • operadiva222
    Options
    What a great feeling!! You have motivated me to do better - I just wrote in my food diary that I consumed way too much sugar & need to stay out of the office candy bowl! Congrats & thanks for the motivation!
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Good Job!!! That is an amazing break through!

If you do have a craving in the future just indulge it with something small then keep going!
  • a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You're strong and in control. Congratulations
  • gbtesq
    gbtesq Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!! Thanks for the post!! Sugar is my problem, too. I fell the need to have 'dessert' after every meal. I'm working very hard to overcome it. In fact, this week I intend too not have any sugary type foods. So far, so good.

It's very encouraging that it CAN be done!!

Keep up the good work!!
  • cobarlo14
    cobarlo14 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    So happy for you!! Funny I kind had the same feeling the other night too...

The other night I saved calories for Frozen Yogurt + the whipped + ff caramel + herseys syrup...
    enjoyed 5 bites and dumped the rest in the sink - shocked myself......

Such an awesome feeling!!! Enjoy it & Build on it :)

Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!