Difference in male/female HRMs??

Options
I am considering buying a Polar FT4 because I have read about how many mfpers love it and I was just wondering if there is a difference between the male/female versions of the hrm? Clearly the womens one is pink and the mens one is grey/black, but I really dont want a pink watch, I would rather just get the grey one. So basically I am just wondering if there is any other difference than color between them as far as functions? thanks

Replies

• SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, the only difference is wrist band size. I got the mens because that was all they had and when you set it up, it asks if you're male or female.
  • AngiMoss
    AngiMoss Posts: 77
    Options
    Function wise, they should be the same. When you are going through the set up process, it should ask you if you are a male or female. I bought the Polar FT7 and mine was black & gold and wasn't gender specific. I thought that the watch part might be really large or that they chest strap might be huge, but I haven't had any issues. Unless you are super duper teeny tiny, those things should fit you just fine. They have a pretty wide range of notches to adjust your needed size.
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I bought the woman's version of the Polar FT7 and mine is also black and gold...so they're not all pink.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    I have a bronze FT4
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I got the ladies Polar FT7 because I have small wrists. I would assume if there is a difference it is only size and the colour choices not the actual functionality of the watch.
  • jdimartino
    Options
    I went on line to Polar's website and ordered the FT7 in red and love it. I have very small wrists and it fits me fine. But most all of theirs have a wristband that enables the watch to be most any size. They are VERY easy to use so no matter what model you buy, I know you'll love it!
  • misschristi
    misschristi Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I bought the woman's version of the Polar FT7 and mine is also black and gold...so they're not all pink.

I was looking at the FT4 (not the FT7) on amazon and the only 2 choices are grey/black or pink ...