New and nervous

Options
I started my diet/exercise regime a little over a week ago. Currently I'm using my Wii Fit and Biggest Loser Challenge Wii games for most of my exercise, supplementing taking my kids to the zoo and walking for a couple of hours at a time. I'm working really really hard to cut my diet down, and I've been fairly successful, many thanks to myfitnesspal. I'm cracking the whip and charting what I eat/how much I exercise religiously.

I have an addiction to carbs and ever since I my last pregnancy I've had a major sweet tooth. I'm trying to get those both under control, which is my biggest challenge so far. Well, that and I hate to sweat. Before I started this I hated - HATED - drinking water, but ever since I buckled down I've been drinking a minimum of 8 cups a day. My heaviest weight (when I was pregnant) was around 250, now I'm around 225 and my goal is to get down to 170. *According to my BMI I should be around 150, but I have no interest in being that skinny, I like having curves, just not the rolls I have now.*

Be my friend?

Replies

• Remi79
    Remi79 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you! I love carbs too. I'm a potato freak. Yum.
    I'm doing the Wii Fit as well. I want to get the Zumba for the Wii.
  • Nekoashi
    Nekoashi Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Add me! :) I've been starting to use my Wii fit again for exercising on the days where I don't have time to head out for a walk in the park or on the beach :P Congrats on being able to drink enough water! that's been a big challenge for me so far, as of course snacking on sweets has been too lol
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    Welcome, Is almost been a week here for me too, seeing the numbers sure helps keep focus =)
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    Well I just want to say hi to all the above posters! I know how you feel about the carbs but since I've been on here I have come to realize that carbs are GOOD for you especially for ppl who work out. I also hated sweating but the more you get into the workouts the less you'll mind the sweating. Vigorous exercise give me a rush and I'm always energetic and happy afterwards so the sweat doesn't bother me anymore. Anyway, it sounds like you guys are starting out pretty well and I want to welcome you to the site because you're gonna love it. Either of you can feel free to add me if you like...I love getting new friends so we can support and motivate each other. Good luck on your journey!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • starrieeyedkat
    Options
    Thanks for the welcomes! I had started to lose weight last spring but then I found out I was pregnant so I had to postpone the heavy duty exercising. Now I'm motivated and off to a great start, so I'm very optimistic about reaching my goals.

ETA - I'm working myself up to go to the gym but I have no workout clothes (and don't really want to spend money on new clothes while I'm trying to lose weight.) At home I work out in my pj's, would that be unheard of in a fitness center? Generally just a loose t-shirt and some cotton pajama pants, although I do need to invest in a good sports bra.
  • shimila1101
    shimila1101 Posts: 119
    Options
    Welome!! I LOVE carbs as well. I've made the switch to whole grains though which has really helped. Whole wheat bread, pasta, brown rice. I feel fuller faster and find myself eating less of them. I would die if I couldn't have an ice cream sandwich or some chocolate but I switched to no sugar added sandwiches and sugar free chocolate. You can do it! You just have to find what works for you! Feel free to add me an good luck!
  • adalton6
    adalton6 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I love carbs also! I don't really crave sweets all that much though. I have started my wii fit and love it! I also have children so when the weather is noce we love going on walks. I have also decided to start a gym tomorrow morning and I am so excited. I want a new me and I am determined to get it!!!
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I am also a carb addict...especially potatoes.. I have made myself NOT buy them because if I do, that's all I will eat. LOL

Good luck to you in your journey and feel free to add me :)
  • tarabambrick
    Options
    Welcome to MFP....Good luck on your journey feel free to add me if you want.....