I want to get rid of my Baby Belly

Options
K so I had my son 18 months ago and I still got this flabby old belly.

What are the best belly exercises.

Now let me just say, its really really hard for me to do crunches cause back in 2004 I got hit by a drunk driver and I have 3 buldging discs in my back and 1 herniated disc. So crunches are really painful.

Replies

• xoalyssaox
    Options
    K so I had my son 18 months ago and I still got this flabby old belly.

What are the best belly exercises.

Now let me just say, its really really hard for me to do crunches cause back in 2004 I got hit by a drunk driver and I have 3 buldging discs in my back and 1 herniated disc. So crunches are really painful.
  • AngelaBeaulieu
    AngelaBeaulieu Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I stressed about this problem area for years . . . The thing I found to work almost instantly was the treadmill on an incline. I started out at an incline of about 8/9 @ 3.5 speed for about 30 min. You will feel it in your butt,abs and calves. I wanted to cry because my dr told me I needed a tummy tuck to remove the skin and I did it the old fashion way! You can too!!! Try for even 7 incline at 3.5 for 15 min. Trust me you will notice a difference, and feel it all over!
  • AmberElaine84
    AmberElaine84 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    My youngest daughter just turned 18 mos, too! I'm really sorry to hear about your accident. I try to mix up cardio...walking, running, Turbo Jam, with strength training, crunches, etc. I guess it all just depends on your comfort level. I'm also trying to get rid of that baby belly. Lately I've been trying to target my lower abs and obliques with a lot of side crunches and weights.
  • xoalyssaox
    Options
    Hi there,

I stressed about this problem area for years . . . The thing I found to work almost instantly was the treadmill on an incline. I started out at an incline of about 8/9 @ 3.5 speed for about 30 min. You will feel it in your butt,abs and calves. I wanted to cry because my dr told me I needed a tummy tuck to remove the skin and I did it the old fashion way! You can too!!! Try for even 7 incline at 3.5 for 15 min. Trust me you will notice a difference, and feel it all over!

Oh good thats awesome cause I just moved into an apartment complex that has its own fitness center and there is a treadmill in there! I've been doing it 10 minutes a day the past 2 days, but no incline, so tonight when I do it I will set it to the incline setting. Thanks.
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    my doctor has told me the same thing about my stomach. and i cry over it everyday! my youngest is 7 years old so i dont have the excuse that my stomach is still "baby fat". i HATE my stomach. doing sit-ups and all that work for my upper abs and i lose everywhere else but i cannot seem to firm up that area. losing weight just makes it look worse. ugg.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I too have a "baby belly" and mine only kiddo is 6, so don't feel bad carlotta....
    I actually lost it once with Slim in 6 workouts (especially the second one), for some reason the moves target the lower abs. I ended up with almost a 6-pack (weighed the same though).

The big thing about it is consistency. Yeah, I had a 6-pack with eating low fat, lower carb foods and for the amount of working out....not enough calories (so ultimately it wasn't healthy). However, I lost my abs within months because I stopped the eating regiment and working out.

I also use Turbo Jam, I lost all the "baby weight" simply by walking and limiting things like chocolate, etc. The key is finding something you'll do consistenly and stick with it.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    my doctor has told me the same thing about my stomach. and i cry over it everyday! my youngest is 7 years old so i dont have the excuse that my stomach is still "baby fat". i HATE my stomach. doing sit-ups and all that work for my upper abs and i lose everywhere else but i cannot seem to firm up that area. losing weight just makes it look worse. ugg.

I hear ya. I've had three kids, and the last one stretched the heck out of my belly (I didn't gain a lot ether, like 22 pound). Then I had a hystarectomy and they had to do it through my belly. Now I've lost a lot of weight have a big "waddle" on my lower tummy which is mostly just skin. I wish I could lose it. It has shrank, but I'm afraid the still will always be hanging there.
  • carlotta
    carlotta Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    and it is so gross! my tob abs are getting in shape and i can tell the difference but i can see my "extra skin" hanging in my oants! i get so discouraged.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I've got the baby pouch, too. My second son did a number on me. I only gained about 23#, but he was 9#9oz & stuck out like Super Man flying out my belly button. He was a fun one to carry. I try to think of it as a badge of honor. That belly carried 3 babies & brought them into this world. I wouldn't have it if I didn't have kids & I'd much rather have them than a perfectly flat belly....most days. :laugh: Good luck!