For WOMEN

Options
Hey ladies! I'm still new to this whole weight loss thing. I was wondering, do any of you put on a few pounds before and/or during your monthly cycle? Even if you're drinking a lot of water and still working out? If so, when does the weight go back down? I was weighing 165 last week and then now it's saying 168 -169 and my pants are a little tighter too (It's probably from bloating) but still, it's all very frustrating and discouraging. :mad:

I'd love some input.

Thanks ladies!

Replies

• mommynmotion
    mommynmotion Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm...YES! Most of us do. I am anywhere from 4-6 pounds heavier at that time....I have been as many as 10 pounds heavier!!!
  • lajuice24
    lajuice24 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I usually gain about 3-4 pounds but it is gone by the time my cycle is over. I increased my water last month during that time and it was only a 2 pound gain, so I was pleased with that.
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    I usually gain water weight a day or two before and it goes a day or two after
  • Dreawolf
    Dreawolf Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have that issue every month. Wonderful to be female sometimes..Geez..
    I suggest trying this. It helps with the water weight we get during that time.

Take 2 bunches parsley, 5 mint tea bags, 1 gallon water, then boil them together for 20 minutes. After it's done strain the parsley out and then either drink the tea hot or cold.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    yea its normal!! gain 2-5lbs, will go away after period is done...
  • trixylewis
    trixylewis Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    yep! me too! usually 2-3 pounds but it goes away after a couple of days
  • Kjandcuttysmom
    Kjandcuttysmom Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    yep, I definitely gain something right before or during my cycle. it's frustrating especially when none of my pants will fit.
  • 1111renee
    1111renee Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    YEP that is me today....from 181.6 on Sat. to 184.2 this morning :(
  • Clovergirl17
    Options
    Oh yes, my weight tends to jump anywhere from 5 - 10 pounds starting 3 or 4 days before my period, until about 2 or 3 days afterwards. However, because of where my period fell, my weigh in day happened to be 3 days after my period left, so I still lost about 8 pounds from where I was before the period gain. A lot of it is water weight because your body is holding onto more water because you're bleeding, but it definitely is still frustrating! The weight should come back off within a few days after your period, so not to worry :)
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Mine jumps up and stays up for almost 4-5 days after my period is over. It's very frustrating LOL
  • jessicajones1022
    jessicajones1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much! I just wanted to make sure I wasn't the only one or if I needed to change something I was doing. I just wish my pants weren't so tight! It's so uncomfortable!! Ugh

Again thank you to all you beautiful ladies :flowerforyou:
  • mommytomia
    Options
    I usually do not lose anything for the 3-4 prior and then a few days after it is over, I will drop 2- 3 pounds overnight.
    All water, no worries.
  • Tarilynn
    Tarilynn Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow, I just did my weigh in on Friday and it was the last day of my loving cycle. I didn't budge on the scale from the previous week and yet worked my butt off, so I thought. I wish I had posted this question back then because instead of taking my cycle into account I decided to show my scale what it really takes to gain weight and sabotaged my weekend. Not the brightest thing to do. Now I have a little understanding and will stay away from my weigh in during and for a couple of days following my ever so frequent monthly visitor. Thanks for the post.:flowerforyou:
  • jessicajones1022
    jessicajones1022 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    lol no problem girl!!
  • emd0019
    emd0019 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I know it sucks and I don't know if this would work for you but I only wiegh once a week and the week I am on my cycle I skip weigh in to avoid discouraging numbers. Then it's an even better feeling the next week when you've lost all that weight. The "cycle weight" comes off really easy since it's just water weight (and possibly a few extra chocolates) so don't pay too much attention to it.
  • MissMe2morrow
    Options
    Yep yep yep!! TOM's not easy on anyone! :grumble:
  • liagarden
    liagarden Posts: 54
    Options
    Thank g-- (goodness) I haven't had to deal with this in many years! Its the only good thing about aging I can see! ;-)
    But when I was dealing with it, for 40 years, I always went up & down 4 lbs. 106-110, then 125-129. It always went back down after my period. ( I never lost all the weight from my pregnancy) That's my experience.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    This was my first TOM since joining here, started Friday afternoon. Oddly enough, as I posted a thread on it, my weight was 2 pounds down Friday AM. Sunday AM down 2 more. And today, Monday, back up those 2 pounds. So who knows!
    I am hoping once I am done with it tomorrow or Wed that I will lose some... maybe I was holding weight last week (the week prior to TOM) and thats why I wasn't losing that week.
    I'll have to compare it to next month I guess.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I don't usually gain, but I almost always stagnate. It is very frustrating.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Ugh. I busted my *kitten* all week and stayed under my cal goals. When I weighed myself this morning, I lost maybe a few ounces. Then a few hours after I weighed myself, I started my period. So I hope that's the issue. I was really discouraged.