Hey.... New to this

Options
Hello,

I'm new to calorie counting and weight loss. I've always been the "skinny" one. Until 2.5 years ago when I started putting on weight. It all started after I ran my last marathon and ended up hurting myself really bad. It still hurts to run. So I gained a lot of weight because running was my passion. It was what I did when I was happy, depressed, sad, angry, bored, had writers block for a school paper and even to stay in shape. Now that Ive lost that Ive had hard time keeping weight off. I need to loose about 20 pounds to be at my idle size. I will be the first to admit the size I was whe I was running marathons wasnt healthy so my goal weight is about 15 pounds above that. I'm in my mid 20's now so it would be good to have some meat on my bones just not a muffin top with it. I'm putting relationships on hold until I can be happy in my own skin and be healthy again. I figure myself happy and healthy would help with the dating game. If you have any words of encouragement or even just want to say hi thats cool. I need some motivation.

klsprinkle

Replies

• bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I've been here just over a month, and the people are great for motivation, and support!!! You can do anything you set your mind to! Welcome to MFP :)
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    Welcome! I was a big runner too until two knee surgeries sidelined me, and I'm now pretty much out of the game indefinitely..so I can definitely relate to how you feel!

Feel free to add me as a friend and I'll do my best to offer some encouragement as you try to rehab yourself into a runner (slow and steady, of course!).
  • drcutie79
    Options
    Welcome, KLS! I wish you best of luck on your journey. It will be tough at times, but you can totally do it. Have fun! :D