We did this..

Options
Sometimes trying to figure out what to do in order to "feel better" "Get thinner" and have the "body" we want can be hard. Here is the hard cold reality.

We gain weight from eating too much of the wrong thing. Heck you can gain weight from eating too much of the right thing or not eating enough . Either way we got ourselves here.

Lack of motivation, lack of belief in ourselves is far more like it actually, I think we are all pretty motivated, is what has us searching out for the "quick fix" "Diet secret".

The truth is if we were aware and put ourselves and our bodies first, WE WOULD NOT HAVE A WEIGHT ISSUE! If we cared about us and what we were going to have to do to fix this we wouldn't have a weight issue.

IT is hard because everywhere you look, everywhere you go, there is a new diet, a "secret" a NEW way. A excuse for it to not be our faults. I am a well educated intelligent person and even I fell into the there has to be an easier way mentality.

But here is the truth, we did this to ourselves. No one forced us to eat those huge meals while at a restaurant it is not their fault. No body shovels the food in for us. We do, we did and we have to undo....

Eat well, work out, get excited at seeing the changes happening, one at a time. Small goals first.

"oh, I need new pants." "Oh, I did that work out." "Oh, my friend notices." One milestone at a time.

And for those of us who "fell" for the "easier" way. Those of us who fell off track...Pick yourself back up, brush off and head to the gym. You are now smarter, and better able to see between the lines.

Love your life, the one you are living right now. Love what you have done so far. Love the Journey because life is never about the destination. It is about the journey we take to get there.

Thank you to many: idahogirl71 mrphil86
NEWFIEDAN!!!!!.. Just to name a very few...I have been reading and even when I did not want to hear it, I listened.

Love your Life

Replies

• adellepuppy
    adellepuppy Posts: 130
    Options
    Thank you for that epiphany, sweetheart. Well spoken.
  • mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    Well, I always congratulate people when they realize their problem and make the effort in trying to fix it. It's always so easy to put on the pounds and so hard to take them off.

All this delicious foods that surround us and it seems like you can never escape them. There are even people who try to shove it down your throat.

I like what you said about how people are quick to blame something else. Just like that research on the "fat" gene. Maybe it exists but who cares. According to my family history, I should have diabetes now. However, I do not. Everything in my life is in control because I step my foot down and never take the lazy route.

The hard way is well... HARD! It is just easier to be lazy. Most of us get unmotivated and quit. We all need to make short term and long term goals. Then we need to shove those goals in our face. I'm a fan of the poster board with all your goals placed where you can see them when you wake up. I see people do that with their signatures, that's a good idea as well. If you know your goals and have a constant reminder of those goals, it's easier to achieve them.

All this is never ment to be a torturous experience. Enjoy what you do because the rewards are life long. If you moan and gripe about what you are doing, you either fail or succeed then fail to sustain the lifestyle.

Love your post and I hope more people see it.
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Love This! Obesity causes many diseases but IT IS NOT a disease, it is a self inflicted state of being that I now choose not to inflict on myself!
  • Kindrex83
    Kindrex83 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Thank you! After reading this I suddenly got a lot more motivated!
  • Kjarlune
    Kjarlune Posts: 178
    Options
    I am so glad you got more motivated angel....Life is spectacular when you put in perspective...*grin*
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *applauds*
    yup ... that's is what it's all about *S*
  • Kjarlune
    Options
    It without question feels better that is for sure...
  • mountainwoman98
    mountainwoman98 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Well said! :flowerforyou:
  • Kjarlune
    Options
    Thank you