increase calories

Options
I've been consuming 1000 calories a day and jogging for 1 hour 6 days a week
thats not enough and i really need to increase my daily intake
But I dont really know what i should eat
I eat everyday chicken, whole wheat bread, yogurt, fruit, veggies.
My favorites are whole wheat bread and bananas.
Is that okay increase my intake by eating more bananas, whole wheat bread and cereal bars? (2 bananas, 3 slices of whole wheat bread and 2 cereal bars) ??
This way I would definitely increase it and keep eating stuff I like.

Replies

• SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    You need to eat things that aren't too high in sugars, because they won't do you a whole lot of good. Try things like almonds and yogurt. Still good for you, but nowhere near the sugars that bananas and cereal bars have...
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    You need to eat A LOT MORE. Emphasize protein and good complex carbs (leafy greens and veggies). Bread (even whole wheat), bananas, and cereal bars are awfully heavy on simple carbs that can spike your insulin and make it hard to lose fat.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    You are welcome to add me and you can check my food diary :)
  • temperoath
    Options
    That sounds good. All of that is healthy and increasing would actually do you good! Usually if someone is on a diet that is that restricted in calories, it is prescribed by a doctor and monitored constantly. Increase you intake and you will still lose weight because if you eat too little you body will breakdown muscle instead of fat because it thinks its starving and will want to save the fat it has already(our bodies have no idea there is a McDonald's full of Big Mac's right down the street!)