S.O.S. logging!!!

Options
I'm at a passover dinner and I'm trying to log on my app. And the food i' trying to log doesn't seem to exist in the database. I looked it up online. So I could create a new food and nothing! I find recipe listings, but not the caloric amount. Immediate help would be much appreciated!

Here's what I'm looking for:
Potato Babka - made with eggs, pepper and potatoes , baked in an oven, like a smalle, round cake.
Matzah Babka- made with eggs, boiled water, one package of matzah and salt and pepper and I guess 4 heated table spoons of olive oil. This is also oven baked.
Sheika- eggs, calf liver and young chicken. I don't really know what's in it or how it is made. It would be very helpful otherwise I can't log tonight.

Replies

• abellante_0205
    abellante_0205 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    did u look online? im sure there's recipes
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Simply go to your food tab and select recipe. All you have to do is enter the ingredients of your food and the system will automatically calculate the nutritional information for you. Once you have finished, you can save the recipe to your profile and you can even share it with the site for those of us that may be looking for the same foods. I hope that helps. Tag me if you get stuck or need help with it. :happy:
  • canadianchickie
    Options
    Oh my little lady - that's a toughie!!! unfortunately you might have to 'create' this as a new food to add to the food database, and this will probably take some time. You will have to break it down by each ingredient in the recipe and then add the calories together, it is easy to break into portions after that. On the bright side once you put it in the database it will be there forever - and next time you have some yummy potatoe babka all the info will be there! It does sound like the ingredients for most are minimal, and shouldn't be too hard to find (ie. per egg it is usually 70 calories, and the type of potato will be important as will be the cooking style).
    Hope that helps a bit!
  • mustnothrowcantelopes
    mustnothrowcantelopes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I really hate being in this situation. This is why I sstopped eating certain foods , because I just couldn't log them or there were too many calories. 383 calories for a cup of tuna salad with mayo. It's just not fair! Tuna salad is not the same without mayo, not at all! And peanut butter, 190 cal for just 2 tablespoons. Sorry guys, I think I need a wahmbulance for this one!
  • kensky
    kensky Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Oh I feel your pain. For Pesach I just put in 1000 quick add calories and was done with it. What I was really feeling was the sodium! (I don't think I want to know.)
  • mustnothrowcantelopes
    mustnothrowcantelopes Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    this really sucks, I don't even really know how to do the recipe for the "sheika" because I don't know what's in it really.

well I submitted a recipe for matzah babka, but I can't believe it's that many calories!