Back again and needing some motivation

Options
Hey everyone,
I have been back on MPF for a while now but having trouble staying motivated. I have gained a lot of weight back since I started back to school and just can not seem to stay on a diet/ exercise plan long enough to lose much. My baby sister is getting married in 5 weeks and I don't want to look awful in her wedding pictures. The other bridesmaids are stick thin!
None of my clothes fit, so getting dressed every morning puts me in a terrible mood. I have become super jealous in my relationship, and overall am just unhappy with myself. Since I stopped eating healthy and exercising, my energy level is so low. I can not seem to motivate myself anymore. :(

I need to get back into shape and back to being myself.
Hoping the wonderful support here can help me get out of my funk.
Wish me luck and good luck to everyone here! Just knowing there are so many people with the same issues and goals is already a huge help!

Replies

• wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I find it hard to be motivated to lose weight until right before whatever is coming up. In high school it was prom, and more recently last year my boyfriend's brother's wedding. I lost more than 10 pounds the 2 weeks before and looked pretty good I thought. After that I hit a wall and gained that and another 15 pounds (!!!!!) back. Since that wedding I got engaged and thought, now I have to lose weight for My wedding...but I recently realized that I don't want to have to lose weight for things anymore. I want to get to a place that is healthy and feels great and maintain myself there. I'm sure you will look great in the wedding photos and just remember you are doing this for you. If you want someone to help stay motivated and accountable to, add me. Really! I need someone to keep me going as well as motivated as I am right now I know there are days when nothing seems to be working
  • crazybigchick
    Options
    I wish I could be motivated without an upcoming event. I need to work on that. Being motivated for myself, for no other reason than I want to make myself happy. Easier said than done. lol I sent you a friend request. Maybe we can help keep each other on track :)
  • Kelibur
    Kelibur Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Start with samll steps. I know it's hard to stay on track sometimes but maybe start by doing one small thing like drinking more water. Then cut out eating after 7pm. I am trying to eat clean(er) and cutting carbs. In the last five days I started using Qivana melaboliq shakes and find they are amazing. Just waiting for the weight loss now. I've lost ten lbs in two weeks and hoping for a miracle weight loss int he next month or so...
  • wintermama13
    wintermama13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    To me nothing kills motivation better than one really good (bad) day where one meal kills everything you've done. we had a class field trip today that lasted longer than we expected. So we stopped at Denny's to eat. I had never eaten there before and after checking out the numbers of what I ate, I may never again! Total confidence kill!!!!