Pomegranate Candies

Options
DeannaK
DeannaK Posts: 178 Member
I'm not sure what the calories are on these.. probably depends a lot on how big/small you make them, but they are wonderful!

The key to this recipe is to move quickly, so make sure you have your wax paper or parchment paper ready!

Pomegranate Candies

1 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Jumbo Pomegranate, or enough to give you a full cup of arils.

Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler until they are liquid. Stir in pomegranate arils. Drop by spoonful onto parchment paper, cool and refrigerate.

Replies

• DeannaK
    Options
    I'm not sure what the calories are on these.. probably depends a lot on how big/small you make them, but they are wonderful!

The key to this recipe is to move quickly, so make sure you have your wax paper or parchment paper ready!

Pomegranate Candies

1 Bag Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
    1 Jumbo Pomegranate, or enough to give you a full cup of arils.

Melt chocolate chips in a double boiler until they are liquid. Stir in pomegranate arils. Drop by spoonful onto parchment paper, cool and refrigerate.
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    Omg that sounds amazing!!!!
  • DeannaK
    Options
    they are! and so easy.. it's just not right.. but in a good way! :bigsmile:
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    thats sounds yummy

i have a bunch of pomegranate here maybe ill give that a try...
    i like that kind of threat because they are small.. you can eat enough to satisfy your craving ..

you know what else would be yummy ?? to freeze the arils and eat them like that.. but i havent found an ingenous way to do that without them freezing in a big chunk...
  • amycakes812
    Options
    To freeze the arils, put them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and pop in freezer. Once they are frozen, you can transfer them to a ziptop freezer bag. This should keep them from turning into one big clump.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    thanks for that tip !! will give that a try ..

if i can find space in the freezer . hahaha!! its filled up to the rim !!!!!!!!
  • christalj61483
    Options
    I think it's a good thing I don't like chocolate! Not sure if I could stop eating these!
  • xMissy6x
    xMissy6x Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    thats sounds yummy

i have a bunch of pomegranate here maybe ill give that a try...
    i like that kind of threat because they are small.. you can eat enough to satisfy your craving ..

you know what else would be yummy ?? to freeze the arils and eat them like that.. but i havent found an ingenous way to do that without them freezing in a big chunk...

Use icecube trays :)
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Similarly, drop a frozen cranberry at a time into chocolate to coat. Amazing.