To chocolate frosting? Or to not chocolate frosting? That

Options
Hmmm... had a pretty good day. Still technically have a little over 200 calories that I "could" eat. Not reeeally hungry, but there's a can of milk chocolate frosting staring at me from the fridge saying 'eat me! just one tablespoon will taste so good!'

So... do I make myself a cup of tea and head to bed??? Or, do I indulge in a T of yummy frosting? What would YOU do, MFPers?

Replies

• Shadowcasting
    Shadowcasting Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Normally, I would say a Tablespoon isn't going to make or break you....but for me that one tablespoon leads to MORE!! And it would get ugly :( If you can stop at 1, I say go for it :)
  • lsd007
    lsd007 Posts: 435
    Options
    I agree, if you can stop at one I would go for it!
  • losermomof3
    losermomof3 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    My temptation was a cinnamon roll. I decided to work out so I could eat it. Then after working out I didnt want it anymore. I think I will have some grapefruit instead.
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    Agreed...1 tbsp (and only 1 tbsp) won't hurt you. Go for it!
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Oh, I miss Milk chocolate frosting on saltines.....yum
  • ronda_gettinghealthy
    ronda_gettinghealthy Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    eat something healthy instead!
  • Sonnut
    Sonnut Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just have to have that one little chocolate taste. Not the whole candy bar, not the more than a spoonful of frosting, but one little taste.

Sometimes, when I give in to a craving, I realize it wasn't as great as I thought it would be and that helps me the next time I have a craving to make a better choice. Other times, it hits the spot and I can move on and forget about the craving instead of dwelling on it.
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    1 can ... err ... I mean 1 Tbsp won't hurt you ;) ...

Or ... perhaps you can say next time, but not today =) ... make it a NSV ... you can do it, nothing wrong as you have the cals left ... but perhaps saying no will feel better than having it? You know you best and what you need more right now ... a treat, or a challenge. Either are fine in my book!
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    My temptation was a cinnamon roll. I decided to work out so I could eat it. Then after working out I didnt want it anymore. I think I will have some grapefruit instead.

Geez! You are a MFP angel! You are soooo good! Great job! :) But... I think I might have to give into this 1 Tbls indulgence!!!!
  • kmreynolds11
    kmreynolds11 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Skipped the chocolate frosting and had a small piece of Lindt Dark Chocolate infused with Chili instead (about 50 calories). Yum Yum.

Thanks for all the input!
  • kmcoulon
    kmcoulon Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Good choice, although I dont know that I would have had the willpower to say NO to the frosting! <3
  • HisPathDaily
    HisPathDaily Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    UPDATE: Skipped the chocolate frosting and had a small piece of Lindt Dark Chocolate infused with Chili instead (about 50 calories). Yum Yum.

Thanks for all the input!

... and much more elegant than diving into a tub of frosting! lol :) ... reminds me of walking back into the house one time (forgot my keys or something) and my wife is standing at the fridge with a tub and spoon in her hand looking like her parents just caught her smoking or something ... was hilarious :)
  • brysanch102
    brysanch102 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    you're so good ;-)

5116979.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods