HRM - Best investment ever

Options
My fiance bought me a HRM...and OMG this is the best thing ever, I can't believe just how "wrong" the estimated calories in this site can be for exercise, no wonder I have not been losing weight as quickly as I'd hoped. For example I used the HRM for the first time today, and with a 52 minute swim I burned 368 calories according to my HRM...very different to the 803 that is estimated from this site.

*fingers crossed* now that I am calculating the correct calories burned I'll see my results a little faster!

Replies

• amaried621
    amaried621 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Your title says it all! At first I was really hesitant to spend nearly $80 on my HRM but getting the most accurate reading is so important. If you are serious about losing weight then this is definitely something that i think you need to have. I'm glad that you are finding it helpful and worth it!
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    That's awesome... I've been contemplating getting one. Which kind did you get?
  • LisaRadz
    LisaRadz Posts: 3
    Options
    HRM are the best!
    polar is great its compatable with a lot of fitness equipment in the gyms
    and the FT4 is awsome!
  • shagsywagsy
    Options
    I have a Polar F4, which is different to my fiances F7, as the F4 has less features but comes with the correct strap to use for swimming, so it was a great choice for me. I'm not sure that I need anything fancier, it does what I need! If I bought the F7 then I would need to also buy a differenet strap for swimming. (plus the F4 looks a little girlier!)
  • Spayrroe
    Spayrroe Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I really want to get one within the next month or so.
  • abeautifulvoice
    Options
    I am hoping to get one as well. I have heard nothing BUT good things about them. Enjoy! :)
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    I agree! I have the Polar FT4 n I just love it!! I feel so much better knowing that my burned calories r correct n I love seeing how my heart rate changes
  • jsarrington
    Options
    Got the Polar FT7 on Amazon and I love it. Plus if you're competative at all you can do calorie challenges online with friends. Some friends and I at work do two week calorie burn challenges and it gives me a little extra push at the gym. Check out www.polarfitnesstrainer.com

5690187.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools