Midnight munchies!

Options
So i used up all my monday calories, and in 30 minutes it will be tuesday.
I am sooooo hungry. I feel a binge coming!
What would you do?
I can't sleep :( so that isn't much of an option
Gah.

Replies

• norajean04
    norajean04 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Drink water, don't give in!
  • tracybarnes1
    tracybarnes1 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    yup drink water...I'm doing the same thing!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    Yep.... water

2639362.png
  • OBXGal
    OBXGal Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've done both, giving in and eating or just going to sleep and eating in the morning. If you are going to be awake for a few more hours, I would definitely eat a little something..maybe a piece of fruit, some veggies or some nuts. I always try to stay away from processed stuff late at night (I try not to eat late night, but sometimes you just have to) as I feel like it makes me retain more water.
  • fukuyama
    fukuyama Posts: 43
    Options
    Have a yogurt.
  • natskedat
    natskedat Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with about 1 tsp. of honey! You'll get the protein your body is screaming for, and some carbohydrates to make it yummy! Or, eat some fresh fruit, a little cheese, and some walnuts. Again, pairing some fat, carbs, and protein together will provide you with a satisfying, tasty snack.

And, drink water to help it all digest.
  • ♥AngelKisses♥
    Options
    When I have the munchies I drink 1 16.9 oz bottle of water. Then wait atleast an hour, if i am still hungry at that point then I eat something. BUT nothing that will hurt me alot for the rest of my day. Most of the time the water makes me feel better.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    A large handful of veggies will not hurt you on calories for the day and you won't be hungry after you eat them. If you're hungry eat, unless you're ready to go to bed.
  • a_reyes9288
    Options
    OMG!! I have the same problem!!

I try to just go on the computer and not even think about eating and once I feel as though I'm gonna give in I grab a drink of water and brush my teeth. Usually the fact that I brushed my teeth will make me not wanna eat cuz it'll defeat the purpose of brushing (not sure if that makes sense, but it works for me)

If all else fails force yourself to go to sleep that what I try to do!
  • Mickvond
    Mickvond Posts: 7
    Options
    i am going through the same thing so i decided to clean for 45 mins and now after that and a 6 mile walk tonight i am now to tired to even think of food....
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    -protein drink
    -cheerios
    -toast with PB or cottage cheese
    -Rice cake with PB

water or hot tea...
  • KelseyLayne
    KelseyLayne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    one thing i noticed when i get the munchies late at night-is it's the repetitiveness that you crave. the hand to mouth habit. i think one good thing to fix it is celery with a little bit of ranch. the ranch might not be the best thing for you but everything in moderation!! and it's better then a bag of chips!! ;) good luck!!
  • Ravencjw
    Ravencjw Posts: 18
    Options
    When I get real hungry I keep my fingers busy with the computer or I crochet....Tv is my worst enemy I always get hungry when I just sit and watch tv.....AND...I also drink lots of water...lol...Keep busy...that's what works for me...Cindy
  • anniebnannie
    anniebnannie Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    remember your goal and why you are here :-) to look and feel awesome ~ to knock those guys over with all your beautifulness ~ inside and outside! You are strong and can totally do this!!
  • BerniceB
    BerniceB Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I agree about using water first. I like to heat it and drink it like coffee. It feels different. I also really like soda water. I feel like I am having a drink. Good luck. whatever you do, remember this is only one night, don't beat yourself up. And don't make it two nights.
  • starrieeyedkat
    Options
    This is currently my biggest problem - I'm a night owl and I've always had dinner/snacks late at night. Now I'm trying to cut back on eating after 9 or 10 and if I do, it has to be something small or "good" for me, like veggies. When I get an urge to snack on something, I drink a lot of water then brush my teeth. Nothing really tastes too great after you brush your teeth. If I still need to eat something (especially if I haven't eaten enough during the day, which is another problem I have sometimes) then I'll grab some carrot sticks or a small bowl of Special K cereal if I really want the carbs/full feeling.

One of the best things to do is make sure all your veggies get cut up when you bring them home from the store, that way when you need a late night snack but don't feel like getting out a chopping board and a peeler and a knife, you just have to grab some from your container.