83lbs by 31st December 2011....

Options
.... is it achievable? x

Replies

• AKingChild
    AKingChild Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you, I believe you can reach your goal if you put your mind to it. Please post as you slim down to your goal.
  • jennywrens
    jennywrens Posts: 208
    Options
    hope so ..... I'm roughly looking for the same!

my target is 2lb a week but i reckon that will get harder closer to goal!
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    It could be if you kept your weight loss at a healthy 1lb a week loss. But I wouldn't go much more than that because you are putting yourself at risk to bounce back,
  • JodiS75
    JodiS75 Posts: 284
    Options
    I say yes, with dedication. There are37 weeks left this year. If you stay on track and lose 2 lbs/week that puts you at 74 lbs. 83 lbs is jsut around the corner from that!
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I would say yes- depending on how much weight you have to lose. Technically, a healthy weight loss would be - 2 lbs per week, which would mean from now till the end of the year you should lose max 72 lbs. However, if you havent worked out a ton and you have a lot of weight to lose, the initial losses will be much higher than that 2 lbs per week:) I would try doing the program that MFP has, and stay at your goal calories, and work out on a regular basis. But, if you feel like you arent losing fast enough then talk to your doctor about doing other diet changes that might help your progress :)
    I have a similar goal- mine was to lose 100 lbs from the beginning to the end of the year :) Feel free to add me if you want^_^
  • afteil
    afteil Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    lol...So I just looked at my counter and realized that while my initial goal was 100 from the beginning of the year, right now i still have 83 to lose, so our goals are actually exactly the sameXD
  • KCB1978
    KCB1978 Posts: 113
    Options
    :D
  • Loopyluc
    Loopyluc Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just go steady. If you loose a lb a week thats still 30 odd lbs, and if you try hard it could easily be double that. Take each week as it comes, Im sure you will do it! :)
  • KCB1978
    KCB1978 Posts: 113
    Options
    Thank you :) I have since decided to push that little bit further and go for a healthy BMI weight hence the new target of 91lbs :)