Waves shyly... Hi everyone :)

Options
PA21
PA21 Posts: 95 Member
Hi all!

I am brand new here!
My name is PA (P.A. to be more specific) and I am here to continue my weight loss. I've lost about 20 lbs in the past year, a slow and sometimes stalled process, but I'm proud! I'd like to amp it up a bit and really take charge. I'm hoping that I can use this website instead of seeing my dietitian, a luxury that has really helped me the past few months.
I'd really like to make some friends and be part of this supportive environment. Please feel free to message me or send me a friend request.
My ticker may only say 1kg lost, but in total I've lost about 11kg. My diet is fairly simple and I love working out. I recently started running (really running!) and I'M OBSESSED with kickboxing! I adore it.
I'm a good listener and stick to the rule of "only give advice if you are asked for it!" Would love to help people here while I'm helping myself.
A little bit about my personal life: I'm originally from Chicago but I moved to South Africa, I work with special needs kids and I'm a HUGE geek. Here is my blog about my healthy lifestyle: http://paishealhty.tumblr.com. I've been chubby all my life but after hitting 30 I'm really ready to take care of myself!
I hope to hear from EVERYONE!

:heart: PA

Replies

• dean0721
    dean0721 Posts: 143
    Options
    good luck with PA,

Dont be shy, add as many people as you can because they will be your inspiration, support and determination....

hope you accomplish your goals.......

:wink:
  • Driagnor
    Driagnor Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Awesome work so far, and welcome :) I'm also from SA - Cape Town actually. Whereabouts are you?
  • emily27uk
    emily27uk Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi *waves back*
    I am new to my fitness pal too, I am hopeing it will help me keep on track and stay focused. I am also a running and kickboxer :) I am trying out interval training now as its supposed to burn 9x more calories than normal cardio exercise but we will see how it goes. Well done on your loss so far, hope it continues for you.
    xxx
  • PA21
    Options
    Wow thanks!
    I'm in Jozi. I love Cape Town though! I couldn't live there- the drivers... ughhhhh ;) I'm sure they the same as us! "Damn Jozi drivers!"
  • thisisabbie
    thisisabbie Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi PA! Welcome to MFP!

You'll love it here :happy:
  • hellsbells1
    hellsbells1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hi P.A welcome. Feel free to add me if you like. :)
  • PA21
    Options
    I can't believe how much I've gotten out of this site in 5 days. I know my next weigh in will be successful and I owe a lot of that to all of you!
    Thanks! :heart: