Inspiration Boards :)

Options
I'm not sure if anyone has ever heard of these but i've found that it's really helped me with my weight loss.

Basically an inspiration board is where you stick pictures of the things you'd really like to achieve or reasons why you want to lose weight. Mine is propped up in my bedroom so that i see it every day to remind me of my goals.

On mine i have :

a picture of my daughter because i want to be around for as long as i can to support her.
a picture of a wedding dress becuase i want my future husband and dad to be proud of me when i walk down that isle.
a swimsuit because i havent worn one since i was about 10 due to lack of confidance
a picture of my favourite shop...River Island. I love thier clothes and want to be able to ask the assistant if she has 'a smaller size'!
a picture of me when i felt like 'me'. I want the old Ceri back.

So, when you have a spare hour make one up to remind you of why you are on this journey x

Replies

• RockyBoy2
    RockyBoy2 Posts: 21
    Options
    Sounds good idea :) I had one 2 years back it worked great :) I will create one soon for my weight loss goals. Thanks for sharing.
  • Hype
    Hype Posts: 349
    Options
    Great Idea! I might do one on the back of my bedroom door, so i see it every day without fail!
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I don't so much has a 'board'...but I have an inspiration fridge door!
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    My inspiration "board" comes in the form of my Runner's World magazine! I always get fired up reading it (and re-reading it)!! :D
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    LOVE THAT IDEA, THANKS, RED
  • LoveLiveLift
    LoveLiveLift Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    My inspiration "board" comes in the form of my Runner's World magazine! I always get fired up reading it (and re-reading it)!! :D

Same here! Love Runner's World.
  • myopinion
    Options
    What a wonderful idea! :) Thanks for the suggestion.
  • Coco_Belle
    Options
    Love this idea!
    I've done them in the past but much more general - all the areas of my life! But perhaps that is a bit overwhelming! I think maybe focussing in on this one goal could be really beneficial! I'll get cracking on it!
    Great thinking Ceri!
  • ElizabethRN59
    ElizabethRN59 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    always a good idea to keep your ispirations and/or your dreams out in front of you- i myself have a dream board at home... that bathing suit that i WILL fit in to, the amazing summer dress, and ultimately a getaway for my DH and I (because once i hit my goal- we will want to get away to celebrate) :love: