Constipation? Gross topic I know... :)

Options
I just started here last week.

I am eating 1210 calories per day, drinking lots of water, exercising, losing some, but my back and stomach are so
sore due to lack of #2!

I have been taking Abdominal Cuts supplements to help curb appetite and I don't know if that is causing it.

I go some, but feel like I could let loose of about 10 lbs if I could!!!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww I know, but hey I need
advise. :)

I quit taking my vitamins so I could take the Ab Cuts since I take other meds for medical reasons and don't want to take too much stuff.

Could. it also be because I have changed my diet and eating better, different?

Any tips/advise would be great, and sorry for the yuck topic! LOL!

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Eat your whole Grains, Flax seeds, Nuts, Fruit and VEGGIES. After you do that a couple of days you should have NO Problem. Been there LOL
  • alexia_faith
    alexia_faith Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My sympathies

I had the same thing about 2 weeks into being on here .... and it was frustrating, Its entirely possible that its linked to thechange in diet
    Have you changed your tracker to show how much fibre your taking in??

I just ended up drinkin 2l of water a day on top of the other drinks, I also found that a cup of hot coffee/tea first thing got stuff moving
    Plus I changed my fibre intake from weetabix and ryvita to fresh veggies and that got stuff moving
    You could also try hot water and sugar - works for my sister

If you search in the message boards theres loads of peeps who've had smilar issues

Lastly, im not a med professional, so its always worth popping into see one to make sure its nothing underlying
  • lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I ran into the same issue last week, and I'm on alli! I bought some pitted prunes and ate about 8 of them (25 cals each) and that took care of the issue. Now I save a few calories a day for my prunes, problem is they taste so good! Hint: buy the sunsweet individually wrapped ones, some of the other ones are a bit gross.:frown:
  • perrytyra
    perrytyra Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Yes, sunsweet prunes are the best.
  • KCB1978
    KCB1978 Posts: 113
    Options
    Epson salts are also good to get things moving :)
  • jaded_rose
    jaded_rose Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'd look at your diet and see what your lacking. It sounds like you need more fiber in your diet. and I agree eating prunes would help.

I had this problem a few months back and found that my diet was lacking fiber. Prunes help too.

Hope you feel better
  • AndreaMerrill
    AndreaMerrill Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I make green smoothies and add flax seed meal to them. I'd try adding flax seed to your diet - you can sprinkle them on a salad if you'd like.
  • babytmarie27
    Options
    Change your calorie tracker to include fiber this is what naturally gets things moving. If you are getting adequate numbers than I would lose that supplement. Supplements aren't regulated by the FDA absolutely anything could be in that bottle.
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I know for me it was eating way less than I used to. I used to eat all day long and now, I am not. I also thought about fiber and veggies, but for me it was the simple fact that I was eating less. I up-ed my fiber with benefiber and problem solved, for now. :)
  • agataarchangel
    agataarchangel Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Visit your local Bulk Barn, or get some Sunsweet prunes...these sweet little treats will do the trick!

Try eating 1/2-1 Cup of All-Bran Original in the am with breakfast (w/ milk and fruit), or as an evening snack/dessert and you'll see 'results' in 1-2 days, guaranteed.
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    Sorry just kind of agreeing with everyone else; caffeine stimulates the muscles and will help get things going as well as lots of fiber-eat fruits and vegetables, look up what works best. Prunes are wonderful and work like a charm.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1608331/relieve_constipation_naturally_with.html?cat=5
  • Sharont213
    Sharont213 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I have IBS with constipation and use Miralax daily - it's over the counter and very effective for both occassional issues and in my case, daily concerns. It's not a laxative but a stool softener. You might want to consider it - the new dietary changes are most likely responsible and your body needs a little time to adjust. I doubt it is anything more than if you never had issues before. If it doesn't resolve after a week or too and you still need the Miralax, then I would see a doctor.
  • kmg748
    kmg748 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I sympathize greatly with you, went through this last week, could not eat at all due to the pains. Was up all night with major gas pains/bubble in the tummy. I don't think I was constipated but was def. having troubles it was horrible. I lost a few pounds alone from not eating as much last week. I hope you are able to get relief soon =)
  • Army_Mom
    Army_Mom Posts: 5
    Options
    I had this happen to me when I changed to a vegetarian diet... you would think with all the fruits and veggies I was adding it would be the opposite, but it took about a week for it to get worked out! I was so much happier when it did, lol. I agree more fiber helps as well as plenty of water. The change in diet definitely could be playing a part as well.
  • Vixxta
    Vixxta Posts: 31
    Options
    I was battling the same problem just last week. So Saturday I made a pot of veggie stew; 2 cups each cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, bell peppers, zucchini, mushrooms simmered low and slow with one can tomatoes, one can broth and my favorite herbs (lots of garlic, basil, red pepper flake, paprika, black pepper and a pinch of salt and oregano). A big bowl of it every day has yielded unbelievable results for me. No more bloat, and I'm back to feeling lean and tall.
  • floatylight
    Options
    If you eat a lot of dried foods eg crisps, nuts, dry cereal bars etc this could slow things down, try to eat more fruit and fresh veg etc :)
  • wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I don't know what Ab cuts are, but I am staying away from them with a 10 foot pole.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    If high fiber foods and lots of water don't help, I'm a big fan of Konsyl. It's like metamucil but with no flavor or sugar.
    When I take it every day, it keeps things going smoothly. (it doesn't make you go like a laxative it just gets everything out)
  • AmysNewBeginning
    AmysNewBeginning Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    thanks for the recipe, i will try that, and the dreaded prunes everyone is talking about! lol!