Big Portions

Options
jameses
jameses Posts: 22 Member
What foods can you eat lots of that are very low in calories?

Replies

• LilBrat71
    LilBrat71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh... good question! I'd like to see responses for this!
  • bestdaysahead
    bestdaysahead Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Lettuce! LOL!!
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Vegetables... carrots, celery, broccoli, asparagus, lettuce, snow peas, bok choy, yu choy, sqaush, zuchinni...
  • easilychanged
    easilychanged Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Wasa crisp n light crackers. They are the size of a grahm cracker but have just 20 calories! Ill eat them plain, or add a laughing cow cheese wedge with some veggies.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    Raw veggies or steamed veggies without salt or butter. (except corn).
  • Niliii
    Niliii Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    easy on the carrot, it has lots of sugar in it.
  • jenfunfur
    jenfunfur Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    leafy green things & air popped popcorn is'nt too bad just quite bland :(
  • cmmull67
    cmmull67 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Spinach. One of those pre-packed bags has about 40-50 calories. Broccoli, about 2 cups, steamed, has about 50 calories.
  • MimerT
    MimerT Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Non starchy veggies: cucumber, lettuce, spinach, celery, green beans, Italian green beans, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cauliflower. When having pasta, I eat a serving (or smaller) and eat a cup of cauliflower (or other non starchy veg) with some of the sauce.............. It fills me up without the added calories. (Raw or cooked)

I would have to say though, moderation is the key. :smile:
  • PonyTailedLoser
    PonyTailedLoser Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Love this question : )
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options

Carrots are a natural sugar not the same as a processed sugar. Enjoy your carrots.
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I like to have a can of unsalted green beans- only 70 calories!
    1 bag of baby carrots is 140 calories
    Butternut squash, cut up into fry form, broiled for 40 minutes- 1 cup is about 70 calories
    Lettuce!!!!
    A very large apple is 130 calories, take small bites and it last FOREVER...
    Plain popcorn is 120 calories for a serving (5 cups I think)
  • sweetsarahj
    Options

A whole cup of carrots has only 6 grams of sugar. Don't get brainwashed by the low-carb foolishness.
  • sweetsarahj
    Options

Carrots are a natural sugar not the same as a processed sugar. Enjoy your carrots.

Exactly. Lots of vitamins too.
  • lynnemhall
    lynnemhall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Puffed wheat cereal. One cup is only 50 calories so you can easily have two cups for breakfast..
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Ratatouille - vegetable stew with tomatoes, peppers, onions, mushrooms.
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies, keep going with the ideas im liking them.
  • sam23030
    sam23030 Posts: 76
    Options
    If I need to bulk up my dinner I'll add on a basic salad, some lettuce, sliced peppers, cherry tomatoes and some sliced onion, have a low fat dressing or a bit of balsamic vinegar and lemon juice and munch away.

I also just got a big bag of stir fry veggies and bean sprouts and half the bag would be a large portion at 150g but only 60 or so calories.
  • bigfrosty
    Options
    If I need to bulk up my dinner I'll add on a basic salad, some lettuce, sliced peppers, cherry tomatoes and some sliced onion, have a low fat dressing or a bit of balsamic vinegar and lemon juice and munch away.

I also just got a big bag of stir fry veggies and bean sprouts and half the bag would be a large portion at 150g but only 60 or so calories.

Totally agree, I eat mixed salad with loads of meals now, it piles up your plate and my brain thinks 'wooorrrrr, pile of food for me'

Same with stir fry, when i am in need of a lots of food, i put a whole packet in the wok, a couple of table spoons of chili sauce and bake some plain cod or just white fish, to put on the top - (Iceland - whitefish fillets only about 80 cals each) such a mountain of food for so few calories.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Stir fry veges - you can have a cup of brown rice, a bit of chicken or pork and HEAPS of veges and it will give you a really filling dinner for under 400 cals :)