New and determined!!!

Hey everyone!! My name is Kate, I'm from Connecticut, and I just joined this site three days ago. This site has already been a huge help to me. I am clueless when it comes to counting calories/ knowing how much to work out, so any help I can get is excellent :tongue:

I am 21 years old and I just got married in February, my husband and I have known each other for 5 years, and been together for 4. Needless to say, I have let myself go over the years, and I am nowhere near in the perfect shape I was in High School. I want my old body back, for my relationship, and most of all for myself!! I am tired of spending an hour in the morning trying to find something to wear that doesn't make me look like a whale :mad:

My goal is to lose about 57 lbs, and by March, I want to look and feel a lot better than I do now. My husband is deployed overseas for a year, but he gets a 2 week break in March, and he just surprised me with a plane ticket!! We are meeting in and staying in Germany for two weeks, he calls it the honeymoon we never got to have! I want him to be WOWed :noway:

So there's my little (or not so little) Intro! I look forward to meeting people who are going through the same struggle that I am, as well as people who have met their goals! Either way, this site is very motivating for me :)

Replies

• Kateeliz
    Kateeliz Posts: 147 Member
    Hey everyone!! My name is Kate, I'm from Connecticut, and I just joined this site three days ago. This site has already been a huge help to me. I am clueless when it comes to counting calories/ knowing how much to work out, so any help I can get is excellent :tongue:

I am 21 years old and I just got married in February, my husband and I have known each other for 5 years, and been together for 4. Needless to say, I have let myself go over the years, and I am nowhere near in the perfect shape I was in High School. I want my old body back, for my relationship, and most of all for myself!! I am tired of spending an hour in the morning trying to find something to wear that doesn't make me look like a whale :mad:

My goal is to lose about 57 lbs, and by March, I want to look and feel a lot better than I do now. My husband is deployed overseas for a year, but he gets a 2 week break in March, and he just surprised me with a plane ticket!! We are meeting in and staying in Germany for two weeks, he calls it the honeymoon we never got to have! I want him to be WOWed :noway:

So there's my little (or not so little) Intro! I look forward to meeting people who are going through the same struggle that I am, as well as people who have met their goals! Either way, this site is very motivating for me :)
  • Good luck! You will do it! That is awesome!

Keep on this site a few times a day & you will stay motivated!
  • Kateeliz
    Thank you very much!! And I already find myself on here at least 4 times a day :)
    Only trouble I'm having is eating all of my calories :frown: who would have thought that would be a problem :tongue:
  • Welcome! I am new as well, just signed in today! Good luck.
  • Hi, I just started today! Good Luck to you! Im in the same boat- trying to bring sexy back! =)
  • Hello all!

I just started this a week ago! I have been dieting using Weight Watchers and I have felt a difference, but I've also been cheating and letting myself slide. I am sticking to it though, and I am using this website to help! I love it!

I would like to join a message board challenge, does anyone know of one?

Good luck everyone!
    :bigsmile:

105691.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Welcome to MFP! My husband returned from a year deployment in January and is actually leaving again in March for a 7 month deployment. I know how it is when they are gone but the crazy thing is that's were I got all my motivation because I wanted to look good before he came home. I did really good and got down to 127 and a size 6 but after he got back I just fell off the wagon. I gained 30lbs back in 7 months but now I'm back at it. I want to lose all the weight before he leaves this time and keep it off while he's gone. I have 32 lbs still to go but I am working hard everyday at it. You will get a lot of support here and again welcome. :happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    welcome and good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • Kateeliz
    Welcome to MFP! My husband returned from a year deployment in January and is actually leaving again in March for a 7 month deployment. I know how it is when they are gone but the crazy thing is that's were I got all my motivation because I wanted to look good before he came home. I did really good and got down to 127 and a size 6 but after he got back I just fell off the wagon. I gained 30lbs back in 7 months but now I'm back at it. I want to lose all the weight before he leaves this time and keep it off while he's gone. I have 32 lbs still to go but I am working hard everyday at it. You will get a lot of support here and again welcome. :happy:

Oh I know what you mean! I always tend to gain weight when my husband is home =P I think it's because he is thin, and can eat whatever he wants and not gain anything, so we go out to eat all the time, and make big meals, and stupid me thinks I can eat the same portions as him, and I'll be okay :grumble: But truthfully (as hard as it can be sometimes) I am thankful that he chose to go overseas for this year, it has motivated me to be healthy again :heart:
  • Kateeliz
    Thank you for all of the welcome's everybody!!
    Hopefully for those of us starting this journey together, we can all keep each other on track :flowerforyou:
  • Hi there!

First of all I want to say Thank You to your husband for being a soldier! My brother was deployed for a year over a year ago and it was a big struggle for our family! Also my fiancee is in the Military and to soon be deployed this coming year which is very devestating!

I also want to say thank you for supporting your soldier! :D Your support helps him and your courage and strength is much appreciated Im sure!

Im excited for your guys "honey moon you never had" I bet you are exstatic! I would be for sure!

Keep your head up and stay strong willed for your goal! Im sure your husband will be wow'd no matter what you look like, sounds as if he Loves You very much!

my email address is M_Jones2007@hotmail.com if you need anyone to talk to for encouragement or just an ear to listen!

God Bless You and Your Family and I hope your Husband stays Safe! My prayers are with you guys! :smile:
  • Kateeliz
    Hi there!

First of all I want to say Thank You to your husband for being a soldier! My brother was deployed for a year over a year ago and it was a big struggle for our family! Also my fiancee is in the Military and to soon be deployed this coming year which is very devestating!

I also want to say thank you for supporting your soldier! :D Your support helps him and your courage and strength is much appreciated Im sure!

Im excited for your guys "honey moon you never had" I bet you are exstatic! I would be for sure!

Keep your head up and stay strong willed for your goal! Im sure your husband will be wow'd no matter what you look like, sounds as if he Loves You very much!

my email address is M_Jones2007@hotmail.com if you need anyone to talk to for encouragement or just an ear to listen!

God Bless You and Your Family and I hope your Husband stays Safe! My prayers are with you guys! :smile:

Aww thank you so much!! His deployment is very hard on me, especially because he left pretty much right after we got married, but I know I get him for a very very long time as soon as this is over, and he wants to do his part for his country, so of course I will support him :smile:
    I am sooo excited for our trip to Germany, I have a feeling it is going to be very romantic, and just what we need to break up this deployment a little!

Thank you for the encouragement, I am very motivated right now, and I just hope it lasts, and that I can reach my goal!!