Any low caeb success stories here?

Options
Hi everyone I am currently low carbing it. I just started today. I am I will warn you doing my own program but I was wondering if there are any low carb success stories from anyone in here?

Replies

• Me4me68
    Me4me68 Posts: 19
    Options
    I was on Atkins 7 yrs ago for 2 yrs. I lost 58 lbs. Gained 35 back. Unless it's going to be a lifelong low carb, I wouldn't suggest it to anyone. Just my opinion:)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Be careful. Low carb will damage your kidneys over time. See your doctor about this so that you don't harm your body.
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    i live by it and it way awesome i have results and my kidneys are fine. most people think cutting calories is always the way to go ive tried that hundreds of times with only small success my body for some reason does not process carb like a normal person per say it weird i have to watch my fat intake to when i was larger i didn't now i do it just weird but it works at keeping my weight off so. now i have to watch my calorie intake at this point also but i got it all working as one now. everybody body different so just find something that works for you can live by. good luck☾
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I knew 3 people that did a low carb diet and lost of a ton of weight. And then gained it all back within a year. If its a "diet" you cannot sustain for a lifetime you may be setting yourself up to fail. Counting your calories and sticking to a realistic diet may give your better success long term.
  • portwood2218
    portwood2218 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I did it years ago and lost about 20 lbs or so. I gained back about 5 lbs and then maintained that weight up until I got pregnant with my 1st daughter. It did work, but I agree that it can be hard to sustain long term (at least for me it was). So far I am doing well with MFP and practicing moderation and exercising more. It can be done, but it's not for everyone I think. Good luck though :)
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm working on lower carb and sugar... Just following the MFP goals- it doesn't feel restricting at all
  • LowCarbAmanda
    Options
    I've been doing low carb since last September. I have some other health conditions that make things difficult, so I haven't done any exercising at all. I've still managed to lose 57 lbs. It does have to be a lifetime thing though, or you will gain it back. I had high cholesterol before I started, but that is perfect now. You can find low carb recipes for absolutely everything on this website:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
    :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!