Has anyone done the slim in 6 program?

Options
I am on day 3 of the slim in 6 program and I was wondering if anyone here has done it. Also how do I log it as exercise?

Replies

• FabulousFifty
    FabulousFifty Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    I love Slimn6! I log it as Circuit training. Which one are you doing? My fav is "Ramp It Up." I have them all! :happy:
  • stayathomezookeepa
    stayathomezookeepa Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm doing ramp it up! I plan to stay with it for 2-3 weeks then try burn it up. How have your results been?
  • fitfocusedfamily
    fitfocusedfamily Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am on day 3 of the slim in 6 program and I was wondering if anyone here has done it. Also how do I log it as exercise?

I've done it, but years ago. I started my weight loss with Slim In 6.

The most accurate way to log your workouts would be with the use of a heart rate monitor that will give you an average heart rate for your workout. If you do not have a heart rate monitor, you can use the MFP "aerobics, general" option under cardio exercises. It will get close as long as you keep your weight updated.

Best wishes to you on the program. Let me know if you have any questions about it. I have another friend who is currently doing round 2 of Slim in 6. She got great results from her first round.
  • amylrach
    amylrach Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I also did these workouts several years ago. They are very effective. I agree that an HRM would be the best way to track your burn on this one. If you don't have one you can get them pretty inexpensivley at most retailers. I bought one for about $20.
  • crystal10584
    Options
    good to know. my friend is loaning me her copy, so I can't wait to see the results!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,740 Member
    Options
    I logged it as "Aerobics, general" when I did it, and I averaged about a pound a week. When I first did it, I did Start It Up for a week, Ramp It Up for a week, and Burn It Up for four weeks. BIU six days a week for four weeks is a chore, let me tell you! I added 6-Pack three times a week, and I did Slim & Limber after every workout. After the six weeks was up, I alternated between Ramp It Up and Cardio Core Express (do you have that one?), still doing 6-Pack three days and S&L every time. That was a lot more doable than BIU every single day. Now I do the follow-up to SI6 (Slim Series) and incorporate Cardio Core and Burn It Up, as well as some yoga. I really love Debbie's workouts, and they've been good for me. However, I'm going to mix it up pretty soon and do an abbreviated version of P90X. It does things for me that Slim Series/Slim In 6 doesn't, but it's missing some things too, so I think alternating between the two will round things out nicely.