2»

Replies

• spirited_angel
    Options
    tuna packets!

I can not stress this enough.
    I live off of them.
    80 calories. 1 carb. AMAZING!
    Tuna packets???is taht the ones ready in a sachet??
  • kenuk1
    kenuk1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Sure lol,

This totals 567 calories, but you will see how much it is (lots), you can reduce noodle amount, add more stir fry, but I think this split in half would be enough for a lunch snack, obviously Im working mine to about 350 - 400 cals.

Asda - King Prawns Cooked and Peeled, 1/2 pack
    Sharwoods - Fine Egg Noodles, 125 g (1 nest cooked)
    Mushrooms - Raw, 1 cup, pieces or slices
    Bell Peppers Red - Red Peppers, 0.5 medium
    Asda - Oyster Sauce, 45 ml (2 tbsp)
    Asda Chosen by You - Soy Sauce Dark (150ml) (1Tbsp)
    Asda - Vegetable Stock Cubes, 1 cube
    Sugars - Granulated (sucrose), 1 tsp
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 medium (2-1/2" dia)
    Garlic - Raw, 3 cloves
    Asda - Red Chillies, 50 g
    Asda Smart Price Stir Fry (half a pack)

Prep:

Mix the Soy, Oyster, veg stock and sugar together with approx 150ml of Water (trial and error here until you get the consistency you like, read on for why)

Heat a tbsp of Olive oil in a hot pan and add chopped chilli and garlic, fry for 2mins then add onions, pepper and mushrooms and stir fry mix, fry a further 2 mins, mean while add water to a separate pan, bring to boil and add your noodles.

Whilst noodles are boiling, add prawns to your frying pan and fry for 2 mins, then add your Soy/Oyster mix, reduce temp and simmer, for 2 mins.

Drain noodles and then add noodles to frying pan, mix well and serve.

Depending on water and how long you simmer before noodles will determine how thick the final sauce is on the meal.

Really nice meal and decent protein too.
  • fridalondon
    fridalondon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love the BBC's Good Food website. It has lots of healthy ideas:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/content/wellbeing/
  • kenuk1
    kenuk1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    reduce soy sauce down for taste, better try one first, I normally add 3, and replace sugar with half a spoon if using sweetener.
  • LilBrat71
    LilBrat71 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I usually have Boars Head Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast on Low Fat Club Crackers. I am soooo lazy when it comes to lunch. The last thing I feel like doing is cooking :)
  • louell33
    louell33 Posts: 85
    Options
    Thanks for the ideas guys, it has given inspiration for lunches, dinners and snacks. I have just called my local veggie shop and he is gonna try and get me a spaghetti squash from the market tomorrow, I have never seen one in the supermarkets here and it would be good to try something different and so low in cals :flowerforyou:
  • _Jessica_
    _Jessica_ Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Very Tasty and easy soup to make:
    One box of chicken broth (or homeade broth if you'd rather)
    Your favorite tortilini (one package)
    One bag of fresh spinich
    Lemon zest

bring the broth to boil
    add tortilini (cook til they float)
    add the entire bag of spinich
    add a bit of lemon zest

soup is done when spinich is limp

Very yummy!! if you would like to add a bit of meat, try some turkey susuage or pork susuage in it... (we use pork) and even my boyfriend loves it!

Can also top with some fresh grated parmesean if you like! ENJOY!!
  • christinesimone
    christinesimone Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Two comments: I have taken to sautéing an entire bag of spinach leaves in one tsp. of sesame oil, adding 1/4 cup of roasted sunflower seeds and two Tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese- i could eat it every day!!

Spaghetti squash is a member of the squash/gourd family. It is yellow and oval. You cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and either microwave it or bake it (upside down/cut side down in a pan with just a little bit of water in the bottom) until it is soft. When you scoop out the flesh, it separates into strands and kind of looks like spaghetti- hence the name!! It has a nutty taste and the strands keep a little texture. It's very good- I also like mine with the sauce, but also like it with pesto or even just a little bit of butter and cheese. It's very high fiber and very filling!!
  • spirited_angel
    Options
    Sure lol,

This totals 567 calories, but you will see how much it is (lots), you can reduce noodle amount, add more stir fry, but I think this split in half would be enough for a lunch snack, obviously Im working mine to about 350 - 400 cals.

Asda - King Prawns Cooked and Peeled, 1/2 pack
    Sharwoods - Fine Egg Noodles, 125 g (1 nest cooked)
    Mushrooms - Raw, 1 cup, pieces or slices
    Bell Peppers Red - Red Peppers, 0.5 medium
    Asda - Oyster Sauce, 45 ml (2 tbsp)
    Asda Chosen by You - Soy Sauce Dark (150ml) (1Tbsp)
    Asda - Vegetable Stock Cubes, 1 cube
    Sugars - Granulated (sucrose), 1 tsp
    Onions - Raw, 0.5 medium (2-1/2" dia)
    Garlic - Raw, 3 cloves
    Asda - Red Chillies, 50 g
    Asda Smart Price Stir Fry (half a pack)

Prep:

Mix the Soy, Oyster, veg stock and sugar together with approx 150ml of Water (trial and error here until you get the consistency you like, read on for why)

Heat a tbsp of Olive oil in a hot pan and add chopped chilli and garlic, fry for 2mins then add onions, pepper and mushrooms and stir fry mix, fry a further 2 mins, mean while add water to a separate pan, bring to boil and add your noodles.

Whilst noodles are boiling, add prawns to your frying pan and fry for 2 mins, then add your Soy/Oyster mix, reduce temp and simmer, for 2 mins.

Drain noodles and then add noodles to frying pan, mix well and serve.

Depending on water and how long you simmer before noodles will determine how thick the final sauce is on the meal.

Really nice meal and decent protein too.
    Sounds great huni thanks xx will let ya know how it goes xx
  • jameses
    jameses Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    If you have a ipad or iphone there is a BBC app "BBC Good Food Healthy" which has loads of good recipes on it, there is also a Under 200 Calories section which is really good for very low meals. I ue this ap all the time.
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    BUMP!!!
  • cedgrenbawden
    cedgrenbawden Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I take a box with me to work with 4 Ryvita and salad. I then make a topping for the ryvita in the morning, I like:
    extra light cream cheese with smoked salmon trimmings, lemon zest and black pepper
    extra light cream cheese with smoked mackerel
    light cottage cheese with roasted red peppers and a couple of slices of ham on the side.

I mix the stuff up and put it in baby food pots so that it doesn't make a mess. It usually works out at about 300 - 350 calories.
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Pitta bread with grated carrot and hummous.

I've been eating something similar that I really like...I use Mission Carb Balance Whole Wheat tortilla (small), 2 T hummus and some red/orange/yellow bell pepper strips. Yummy and only 153 calories!
  • jpw430
    jpw430 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Two comments: I have taken to sautéing an entire bag of spinach leaves in one tsp. of sesame oil, adding 1/4 cup of roasted sunflower seeds and two Tbsp of grated Parmesan cheese- i could eat it every day!!

Spaghetti squash is a member of the squash/gourd family. It is yellow and oval. You cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, and either microwave it or bake it (upside down/cut side down in a pan with just a little bit of water in the bottom) until it is soft. When you scoop out the flesh, it separates into strands and kind of looks like spaghetti- hence the name!! It has a nutty taste and the strands keep a little texture. It's very good- I also like mine with the sauce, but also like it with pesto or even just a little bit of butter and cheese. It's very high fiber and very filling!!

Thanks for this. I've wanted to do spaghetti squash, but didn't know it was so simple to prepare. I know that I like the taste/texture, but have never prepared it myself. Now I will!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    My lunch today turned out slightly different to originally planned, but it was so good I commented in my food diary!

I had baby potatoes and green beans last night with dinner, and had made a few extra - my plan was to add them to a tin of tuna as a sort of salad nicoise for today's lunch.

When I was mixing them together at lunch time, I noticed I had a carton of natural yoghurt in the fridge which needed using up, so instead I stirred a good blob of that through the tuna/bean/potato/tomato mixture. this turned it more into a "tuna mayonaise" type salad. It was really good - next time I'll pile it into lettuce leaves.
  • BrookeEspinosa
    Options
    you should get the book hungry girl 300 under 300. It has tons of fast simple lunches, most of them are really good too. Good Luck!
  • pmad37
    pmad37 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    today I am having a Lean Pocket (whole grain) and some steamfresh veggies. Busy day so I had to just grab something and go.

One of my favorites is a place here in town that takes a whole grain wrap, humuus, sprouts, tomatoes and whatever other veggies they have - yummy and so healthy. Add some baked lays or steamed veggies and my tummy is happy
  • eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Homemade "Fried Rice":

-Make four servings ahead of time, put into small Tupperware containers and heat up for lunch. Pair with an apple or some almonds.

Ingredients:
    - 3/4 pound chicken tenderloins
    - 1 cup dry barley or brown rice
    - 1/2 cup egg beaters
    - 1 cup sweet onion, diced
    - 1 cup portabella mushrooms, diced

Directions:
    1. Cook 1 cup dry quick barley (or brown rice) on the stove by the instructions on the box.
    2. Heat a pan on the stove (medium) and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
    3. Chop up 1 cup of sweet onions and 1 cup of baby portabella mushrooms.
    4. Add the veggies to the pan and let set and cook.
    5. Meanwhile cook 3/4 lb of chicken tenderloins or chicken breasts. (I cook mine in the microwave, but you can also grill them or buy precooked ones).
    6. Dice up the chicken.
    7. Push the veggies to the side of the pan and on the other side add 1/2 cup egg beaters.
    8. Cook and dice the egg beaters until done.
    9. Then add the diced chicken and barley/rice (which should be done by now).
    10. Combine and let simmer for a few minutes.
    11. Take off the stove and let cool. Measure out into four separate containers, cover and refrigerate.

Servings: 4 (approximately 2 cups each)
    - Around 250 calories per serving.
    - Tons of fiber from the veggies and barley/rice.
    - High in protein from egg beaters and chicken.
    - Low in sodium (though you may want to top with some salt, soy sauce or garlic powder, I prefer mine plain).
    - Low in fat ( Pair with a 100 calorie pack of almonds for a 350 calorie, balanced meal).

Enjoy!