A question for those who have lost alot already

Options
If you had cellulite before losing the weight, did it get better or go away when you lost the weight?

Replies

• TrainerRobin
    TrainerRobin Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I didn't have a lot of cellulite to start with (amazingly) but on me, it DID disappear. :) Yay!!
  • rfcollins33
    rfcollins33 Posts: 630
    Options
    I think mine has gotten better mainly because I work out as well as eat right. Good luck!! :)
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yes, everything has toned and tightened up. It has taken time, determination and a willingness to change my lifestyle, but the results have been worth it!! Exercise alone isn't the answer...good, clean eating makes all the difference.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    I have lost 80 lbs and mine didn't really get better until I started weight lifting, tons and tons of different squats and lunges. I love the back of my legs again!!!!
  • hollyknouse
    hollyknouse Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have lost over 100 pounds and I have not been as lucky as the ladies above :(
  • TuscanySun
    TuscanySun Posts: 3,608 Member
    Options
    I dont think it will ever fully go away...I mean look at people like Jillian Micheals...she's 120 lbs and admits she has problems with cellulite! But for me...its getting better with exersize. I think alot depends on how over weight you were and how long you were too...that affects skin elasticity so I'm guessing it may affect cellulite as well?

However, my attitude is I would rather be lighter and healthier and have saggy baggy skin and celulite than be morbidly obese and die early.
  • Meganne1982
    Meganne1982 Posts: 451
    Options
    It's better. But I still have cellulite... but I'm still a little chunky :) I'm also still covered in stretch marks and have loose skin. I did not lose my weight fast, but I had gained a lot of it really fast, which killed my skin's elasticity.

But, all that being said, it's still WAAAAYYY better than all the old weight :)
  • rosey808
    rosey808 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I don't even know if my sources were true or not, but I heard that cellulite is basically a honeycomb of fat under the skin. So assuming if that were true, I would think that just the correct type of toning would get the job done.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80 lbs, and my butt and thighs look a LOT better, with regard to cellulite. I also noticed a big difference when I started lifting weights.
  • Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I had it really bad on my legs and butt when I was at my biggest, after about 20lbs it looked worse and then now with the drinking of plenty of water and exercising (cardio and weights) and another 30lbs down it's so, so, so much better! I still have some, but just a regular, normal amount! I'm hoping that'll improve too as my muscle tone improves!