Suggestions for workout DVD's maybe with Bob/Jillian?

Options
Im a beginner (just started yesterday) and Im looking to do a DVD for the days Im not on the treadmill.
Something very low key for beginners as I barely lasted 10 mins on the treadmill last night!!
Im doing it at home in the evenings .... any suggestions?
Thanks!

Replies

• Nataliethin81
    Options
    I would start out with Jillian's 30 Day Shred, it's a great workout. Start out with Level 1, it's only a 20 min workout. Should be a good place for you to start. Good luck!
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds I have 4 of her dvds. Jillian Shred I can't do the jumping jacks right now cause of my knees. But, I'll get there.
  • Gargoyle69
    Gargoyle69 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Both of their Kettlebell workouts are great for beginners.
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    I loved the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michaels. It only took 20ish minutes out of the day and had three different levels so you could do whichever was most comfortable and easiest for you at the time. I've also heard great things about the Leslie Sansone walk at home videos. Good luck!
  • jkd1214
    jkd1214 Posts: 27
    Options
    If you have a Wii, we are doing the Biggest Loser with Bob and Jillian. GREAT workouts!!!
  • maddiex_x
    maddiex_x Posts: 43
    Options
    I just started Jillian's 30 day shred. It is definitely a great workout.
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If you have a Wii, the Biggest Loser game can kick some serious butt, but has different levels for your abilities. It's hard, but fun!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga (Bob narrates)
  • flutterqueen04
    Options
    What are you looking for? More cardio or strength training? I would suggest the 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels. It was a great endurance builder for me. Its very simple (but good effective) moves, i.e. push ups, jumping jacks, lunges, bicep curls, etc. You need hand weights but you can use anywhere from 2lb-10lb depending on what your comfortable with. Its 20 minutes complete with warm up and cool down. You don't have to do it all at once, work your way into it, but keep at it. Like I said, its a good endurance builder :) There are also Biggest Loser workouts that are a little more low key.
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 DS... to be honest, until you've built yourself up to it a little, I wouldn't start it RIGHT now... I'd say start with some brisk walking for a week or two and then give Jillian a go... shes kinda tough. Otherwise, if you have Netflix, there are some great videos there. I personally started out doing Wii Fit exercises for about 2 or 3 weeks... then when I got to the 30 DS it didn't quite kill me all the way dead... and I did make it through the whole thing on the first try. Good luck!
  • fatmama4
    fatmama4 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I do the Biggest Loser Bootcamp workout dvd with Bob. It's great! It also progresses to longer, more intense workouts after you've been doing the beginner portion for 2 weeks. I also have the EA Sports Active game for the Wii. That one is also very good, and you can customize your workouts for certain activities that you may prefer over others. It's fun!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    Both of their Kettlebell workouts are great for beginners.

hmmm that's something I dont own but I think looks fun!
  • angievaughn
    angievaughn Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I found that Jillian has a workout video for beginners.....I wish I had found it before I went through the 30 Day Shred.....if you are just starting...the 30DS might be too much.....and make you want to quit.....I was 3 months into exercising before I did it.....and it kicked my butt!!!!
  • blottig
    blottig Posts: 16
    Options
    Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds are great, and there are lots to choose from; bonus - easy on the knees. Also, the Biggest Loser workout dvd's are perfect for beginners because they have modifications that can be done to fit any level. If you have cable, check out your on-demand section (usually under sports/exercise) - that is where I go to get variety from what I usually do during the week. Good luck!
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I really like to use the Leslie Sansone "Walk Away The Pounds" videos. She has all different ones from 1 mile to 5 miles. They can be done at home in front of your tv / dvd player. I have Leslie's 1, 2 and 3 mile walks on dvd.

Don't know if you have Comcast cable or what cable provider you may have or if you have cable but on our system they have On Demand and there is a section for Fitness and Exercise and they have for free a whole bunch of different exercises with different instructors. On there is some of Leslie Sansone as well as Jillian Michaels and others......If you have cable, maybe you can check it out and see what it is all about.

Also, there is a site that you can look up (collagevideo dot com) that has different exercise videos and you can see a clip of the video, and that may help you decide which to buy or not buy......

Hope this helps :smile:
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Jillian is too intense! I would start with Leslie Sansone. Her workouts are low impact, but really work!
  • mamabear0222
    mamabear0222 Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies!! I have a Wii so will look into doing the Wii fit games as well as a DVD
    Im just looking for something I can actually DO ... more cardio for now ...
  • Minnie_Moo
    Minnie_Moo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    thanks for the replies!! I have a Wii so will look into doing the Wii fit games as well as a DVD
    Im just looking for something I can actually DO ... more cardio for now ...

I bought a Wii game and it's called Walk It Out. It was very popular and mentioned alot on the WW forums. I haven't opened it yet or the Wii Fit Plus disk that I bought.....Found them at BJ's warehouse.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Do the Shred! It's a great place to start, and after that, you should be able to tackle her more difficult videos (like No More Trouble Zones, which would have creamed me if I had started with that). I did the 30 Day Shred for 41 days, and now I'm doing Ripped in 30. I think that's a good order to go in. (PS - My progress pics are from the Shred).