SAHM 4/18 - 4/24

Options

Replies

• WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Wildcat - Bridge to 10K sounds awesome. Are you starting it this week or did you already start?
    I just started yesterday! First week is 10 min run, 1 min walk repeated 4x. That 1 min goes by way too fast, but it was totally doable. I'm definitely stiff this morning, though.

Woke up this morning to a baby with the most obnoxious poop ever, maybe even worse than black bean burger poop :laugh: We can rarely get her to eat meat, but last night we had tacos and she gobbled down the ground bison with taco seasoning! Apparently she likes strong flavors. I just realized this morning it's less than 2 weeks to her birthday and almost had a heart attack. Where does the time go?? :sad:
  • faithgin
    faithgin Posts: 32
    Options
    good morning everyone,
    I joined mfp a couple weeks ago. i am a SAHM of 3. The two older ones are on spring break this week so of course, they were up by 7am, even though on school days Im dragging them out of bed at 7:30. My oldest daughter (9) also does not like to eat meat. have a good day!
  • pinklion721
    pinklion721 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday! I woke up at 5 to exercise since my son wakes up at 6:30. I wanted go make sure I was able to get a good workout in. I was able to do the 30 ds and 20 min. On the elliptical before he woke up. I also got most of my cleaning done so far too!
    Looking forward to the nice weather headed this way so we can play outside and get some good bike riding in!

Have a great day everyone!
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. My son is at a sleep over so I am having a lazy pj day. Just me and the dog! :)~
    Enjoy your day!
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Wow so many new people, WELCOME! (waves hello)

My teenagers are on spring break this week. My daughter had a trip with her band to Colorado for a performance and skiing that she just returned home from last night. She's still asleep. Good to have her home again.

I had a long workout yesterday, well 2 actually. I had my EVO class at 6 am then went back in with the little girls (so they can play with their friends) and did the stairmaster then step and a little dancing. My calorie burn was over 1100 calories so crazy! I know some of you do that fairly often but that was a first for me. Today I'm worn out a little but I will still go in for more cardio. EVO tomorrow is leg day so I can't overdo it today.

Debbie-How nice to have a lazy p.j. day I haven't had anything like that in a long time! Enjoy

Kelly-What motivation to get your work out done and most of your cleaning all before 9:00!

Faithgin-Before mine turned into teenagers they would always be up early, never slept in. Now there are times I have to pry them out of bed..Neither of my young girls 4 and 2 like to eat meat, every now and then they will eat some. If i let them they would live off of carbs!

Wildcat-Time does fly by! It's hard to believe my youngest is 2.

Holly
  • EverythingCubbies
    EverythingCubbies Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Wildcat - Ewwww, that sounds like one gross poopy!! :sick: I always get grossed out with ones containing raisins or corn. Blah! Your run sounds good, I might have to look into that for when I'm done. My butt is soooo sore today, hahahaha. I guess just doing that extra little bit made my muscles really get movin.

Holly - How is your EVO class going? Are you loving it?

Debbie - Enjoy your morning, sounds relaxing.

Kelly - Great job getting up to workout. I'm a night owl so it's so hard to drag out of bed.

Faithgin - LOL, don't ya love that. Well, I hope you guys have a good spring break. :)

I'm off to get some major cleaning done. Laundry done now on to bigger things, the toys are EVERYWHERE!! I swear they multiply over night. To top it off Noah's birthday is coming up so I'm sure we'll be providing a home for even more stuff. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh.
  • KC1206
    KC1206 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone!

YES! Another pound down! I think I am back on track for 1lb per week loss like I was before my marathon weeks of visitors/trips etc.

Welcome to the new ladies!!!

Kelly—way to go on getting that workout in this morning! I hope that you and your son enjoy some quality time outside today!

Amy—Same thing with the toys at my place….despite them all fitting into the toy box and various bins in T’s room when I clean up, they seem to be overflowing at all other times.

Have a great day everyone!
  • soni_me
    soni_me Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone! Welcome to all the new people in the group!

I had some computer problems, yesterday, but all is well, now! I didn't lose any weight last week, but I'm pushing through (I figured that would happen). I'm going to try to get my 3 mile walk in, as well as some yoga stretch, today!

Daisy-I also didn't lose weight while breastfeeding with any of my children, nor this time. I do think it helps to heal faster, but I was hungry all the time in the beginning and sedentary, for a while, after c-sections. I'm still breastfeeding, but I don't think it helps weight loss

KC- Congrats on your weight loss! Keep up the good work!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Amy-Thanks, I’m feeling much better, still fighting the cold, but much better than I was last week. As for hubby, well, he’s still not feeling the best. It would help a lot if our weather would stop going from cold to warm to cold to warm, ugh, I hate this time of year……I want consistent weather for a change….:grumble:

Welcome to the group rjb0802 and faithgin! :flowerforyou:

Kelly-Great job on getting that exercise in before your son got up. My son gets up at 6:30 too, but I can’t seem to force myself to get up earlier than that to exercise, so I usually do mine once he is in bed and fast asleep.

Debbie-Enjoy the lazy day!! :flowerforyou:

KC-Great job on the weight loss! :flowerforyou:

So, far today, I have eaten pretty good I think. I think my meals (so far) have been closer to the healthier side than what I have eaten in the past. Just waiting for my daughter to get home from school, then help her with her homework, maybe get some cleaning done, then once they are in bed, I’ll be working on my 30DS. It killed me last night, esp with this stupid cold, so we’ll see how I do tonight.
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi girls! Well done Holly, KC and anyone else who has recorded a loss!

Sorry this will be a flying visit, if I have time I will pop back tomorrow but may well not, I am off to my in-laws for a few days, not sure if we'll come back Sat or Sun. I'm going to try and get on to log what I'm eating but prob won't come in here so wanted to say hi while I have the chance, will be back soon and am going to try my very best to stay on track desite Good Friday and Easter Sunday :huh:

I recorded a 4 lb loss today, but I gained a lb last week (and I def did as I checked 3 days on the trot!) so net it works out as 3 lbs lost over 2 weeks. I'm really chuffed as I'm now only 1 lb heavier than when I fell pregnant. Obviously you can see from my ticker I still have some way to go, but still DD is only 10 weeks today!
  • KC1206
    Options
    Soni—You are doing great! You have a plan for every day and it sounds like you are working hard to achieve everything that you plan for yourself. Keep it up!!

Barb—Good to hear you are feeling better! Good luck on 30DS!

Got a reminder call from my Drs office today. It has been six months since my last blood draw…some of my levels were higher than they should be so they want me to come in and meet with the doctor and then she is going to have me get another draw. My appt is set for May 31st. That is six weeks away, so I’d like to go into that appt at least six pounds down from where I am now. Since my average has been a pound a week, I don’t have any room for error, so I will have to stay on track, no matter what.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting Barb!!

Welcome to the new moms! Look forward to getting to know you!

Wildcat ~ Way to go!! Next on your list will be a half marathon! :)

BF ~ WOw, I feel like a freak! LOL The weight fell off me when I was breastfeeding! But I did get my period back at 3 months with both of them even though all they got was the boob...weird

KC ~ Congrats!!! What levels are off for your bloodwork? Hope everything is ok!

Shoppie ~ Awesome!! So exciting to be back to prepregnancy weight already! You rock!

I am safe and sound in ND! Only 2lbs up this morning, and I think that has to do with the wine, pizza, and beer last night. Here's to "just say no to booze" for a couple days!! LOL Going to try to get a heavy duty workout in this morning and go from there. It's so cold here, really hoping it warms up a bit for some runs. The boys did awesome on the trip, and my alternate route around Chicago worked out perfectly! Only added 20 minutes (according to mapquest) and I only had to go through one toll instead of like 10. But when you think of the traffic around chicago, it probably saved time :)

Well, I better be off! Have a great day ladies!
  • pinklion721
    Options
    Thank you everyone for acknowledging my morning. Workout! Those words are just another motivator for me to keep going!
    Barb im doing the 30 ds too! I love it. Im technically on my last week on level three but I think im going to keep going until I don't feel the burn anymore.

I hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday. I didn't go to bed til 1am so no morning workout for me. I hope to get it in during my sons naptime.
  • hollyb9871
    hollyb9871 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good morning ladies, another early morning EVO is done, it was legs today and my tush is already sore! Not sure if I'll go back in for cardio, we'll see when the kids wake up.

Amy-EVO has been interesting as it's given me a lot more variety of exercises to choose from than just using the weight machines at the gym. Some are using just your body weight and others using, dumb bells, barbells, or medicine balls. A lot of them too you are working on your stability at the same time so it really is working multiple muscle groups all at once regardless of weather your focusing on lower or upper body.

Katie-Glad you made it to ND safely. I totally understand about Chicago traffic! It's a nightmare up there.

KC-You can totally lose 6 lbs. in the next 6 weeks! It will give you a goal to shoot for.

Shoppie-Enjoy your holiday just remember it's all moderation. Congrats on getting to pre-baby weight so quickly, that's awesome!

Barb-I hope you and your husband feel better soon, spring colds are awful. We keep getting the warm days then cold days as well and I'm tired of it. The kids want to go play outside but it's 37 and the ground is soaked due to the rains..ugh

Soni-I hope you got your walk and yoga in yesterday. Some weeks you just don't lose anything, I had a stall for several weeks then it got moving again.
  • KC1206
    Options
    Katie--my cholesterol was high, hopefully i've made some progress that will show in the numbers. when i did that bloodwork, i wasn't spending much time exercising and i didn't really pay attention to the quality of food i was eating. compared to then, i have done a complete 180. Glad to hear that your trip went well yesterday...car trips with kids can be rough...good job on finding that alternate route!!

Holly--thanks! i think i can do it too, i just need to stay focused :)

Another beautiful day here....already in the lower 80s. all the windows are open and i thoroughly intend on playing outside all afternoon after T gets up from his nap...with the exception of going to the gym for step class. until then, laundry!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Shoppie-WTG on your loss! Keep up the great work! 3 lbs in 2 weeks is awesome!

KC-So far, so good. Still a little sore from doing it, but getting better by the day.

Katie-Not a problem. I can start it for as long as you are out in absence. Glad to hear you made it safely.

Kelly-Wow, level 3! I took a peek at level 3 a couple of nights ago, and WOW! It’ll be a while before I’m ready for that.

Holly-I’m starting to feel better, but hubby and kids aren’t so well. I hate these spring colds.

I’m off to get my 30DS done early, run a few errands that were missed yesterday, and then hopefully have some relaxing time before my daughter gets home. Have a great day everyone!
  • mamato4boys1girl
    Options
    Afternoon everyone :drinker:

Welcome to all the new ladies!!

I know, I have been horrible about keeping up with everyone. :embarassed: I just feel like I can't find the time to read everything, then I do find some time to read some but then I don't have the time to respond then I come back & there is more to read... haha, it's a vicious cycle!! So I will just say a general GREAT JOB to everyone!! :happy:

I have been logging my food & doing my workouts though! Life is just CRAZY with 4 boys by myself right now! My eatting hasn't been fabulous but atleast I'm logging & staying under my calorie count, although that has never been my problem. I finally got TOM after 68 days, yikes it's been a bad one. I know it's cause of breastfeeding but that is still nuts to go that long, but it was cycle #4 after giving birth in October. So I have eatten anything & everything chocolate in the house the last few days, including all the cake balls I made for a get together that no one showed up for, haha. I am right at the prebaby weight point, only ounces away now! Maybe when this visiter is gone I will drop below that point. Then the real work begins to remove the pre-all the other babies, including my 10 year old-weight!!

Well I must get off the computer again, kiddos are ready for lunch then naps! Which mean I get a shower, woohoo!! Hope everyone has a great day!
  • pinklion721
    Options
    Barb level three looks very intimidating but trust me when I say level one and level two prepare your body for level three! Im doing a 30 ds challenge and everyone in my challenge that has moved up to level 3 all agree that it is their favorite level. Your body will be ready before your brain. Lol after at least 10 days of level two just give it a try!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Kelly-I'll have to check it out then, maybe after my 10 days on level 2, we'll see how brave I am, lol. :laugh:

Anways, real quick, I created my own success story so far of my progress and how things got started, check it out :smile:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/223411-48-lbs-gone-44-to-go-here-s-to-the-new-me-pics-included

Tomorrow's weigh in and I'm a bit nervous, since the last 2 weeks, I've gained about 5 lbs, so we'll see where I'm at. Have a good night everyone, will check back in in the morning, after weigh in.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, I'm in and out this week, we've been busy! I'm so behind on random appointments (oil change, eye doc, vet for the rabbit) - I'm trying to catch up! R cut her very first tooth this week which has made for some interesting sleep patterns, I'm exhausted. I've got the last day of week one of the bridge to 10K tomorrow and Stroller Strides Saturday, then it's off to my parents' for Easter. The last 2 times we've visited it hasn't gone well, even the last time when I thought I'd done so well. I'm a little nervous.

Tomorrow is weigh in, I've got my fingers and toes crossed! I plateaued and then GAINED after readjusting my cals down about a month ago, so I upped them again last week. We'll see if it worked.

Hope everyone is doing well :flowerforyou: