mastercleanse/limonade diet

Options
has anyone done master cleanse im really thinging of doing it ..... just looking for input ive never done a cleanse before.

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    It's a cleanse, not a diet. It's meant to cleanse your system of all the crud in it. The only weight you lose is water weight, which you gain back on. If you are looking for something to cleanse, than this is great. But, it is not a dieting tool.
  • JPayne53
    JPayne53 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't recommend it.. it's a gimmick like most other fad diets.. you can lose weight quickly but it will come right back! My suggestion track your food and exercise, calories in vs. calories out..
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    I've done it a long time ago and I lost a lot of weight but once I started eating again i gained it back.
    I don't recommend it, healthy eating and consistent exercise is the way to go.
  • jsilverpt
    Options
    Its so bad for you...If you want to do a healthier cleanse that will help rid your body of carbs and sugars try USANA. Its 100 bucks for 5 days but you actually get to eat food and get calories into your system.
  • WWE_chick
    WWE_chick Posts: 86
    Options
    like everyone else mentioned its a cleanse more than a diet and it can actually be really harmful to your body, the side effects aren't fun
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Not good for you. Don't do a cleanse without guidance from a doctor or nutritionist.
  • dkonko
    dkonko Posts: 1
    Options
    I did the master cleanse for 10 days in July 2010. I did lose 11 lbs and felt amazing. However, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I remember gaining 6 lbs within 3 days of starting to eat again! I was eating healthy too. It was very upsetting. I only recommend this if you have an event you have to attend where you quickly want to lose the weight.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I did try it. Yes, I started losing weight fast. However, I was beyond starving and after the first day I had to stop. It's just too hard on our bodies and that's not how it should be. We need to learn to eat smaller portions and workout more. you can do this, just keep your head up high. don't look for those easy ways out. you'll be more proud when you can say you've done this on your own.
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    Then body cleanses its self
  • atiena23
    atiena23 Posts: 17
    Options
    thank u all for your input.i was on you tube and everyone just hyped it up i havent read anything negative on it....idont wanna lose then gain it all back.
  • Kimipeli808
    Kimipeli808 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    PLEASE don't try doing this...my Brother in Law was on day 9 of the "diet" when he DIED. The coroner unofficially said it was due to the harshness of this diet and that it may have caused large amounts of plack to break loose causing a MASSIVE heart attack. Other then being 30lbs overweight (and at 6'5" he didn't look overweight), he had JUST passed a full physical via the Sheriff's dept he worked for, and was given a "clean bill of health". Even all his cholesterol levels came back "with in normal levels".
    But in December of 2008 he died while getting ready for work, with NO warning.

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS "DIET"
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    The cleanse isn't going to make you lose fat, so why even bother doing that to your body.
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    I tried it a few years ago....lasted three days. Ended up passing out coming up the stairs from doing laundry:( I don't think my body handled it to well at all. I have a friend who does it once a year as a way to "cleanse" but she says that it is not supposed to be used as a weight loss method.
  • KarenLouise1981
    Options
    I dont believe by starving the body of essential calories will do us any good although I do understand wanting to "cleanse" to remove impurities (especially old bowel contents - yuk!). I have a big glass of hot water and 1/4 fresh whole lemon every morning and this helps clean the liver and blood and gives me a little energy. I have a professional colon flush (hydrotherapy I think it is called) every 6 months - 1 year depending on how I feel. I also try to have at least 1 meat free day per week and only eat red meat 1-3 days per week (but I have a problem processing meat protein). See a nutritionalist and they will put together a fantastic diet where you get to eat (always a good idea) and help your body.

Good luck
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    PLEASE don't try doing this...my Brother in Law was on day 9 of the "diet" when he DIED. The coroner unofficially said it was due to the harshness of this diet and that it may have caused large amounts of plack to break loose causing a MASSIVE heart attack. Other then being 30lbs overweight (and at 6'5" he didn't look overweight), he had JUST passed a full physical via the Sheriff's dept he worked for, and was given a "clean bill of health". Even all his cholesterol levels came back "with in normal levels".
    But in December of 2008 he died while getting ready for work, with NO warning.

PLEASE DON'T DO THIS "DIET"

This is a powerful post.