Big Portions

Options
2»

Replies

• heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    easy on the carrot, it has lots of sugar in it.

Carrots are a natural sugar not the same as a processed sugar. Enjoy your carrots.

Exactly. Lots of vitamins too.

I believe the point of the original person's comment was not to discourage carrots per say but just point out that out of all the veggies, carrots are possibly the highest in sugar and calories. Until WW introduced their point’s plus program they were one of the only veggies that had points (that and corn). Nothing wrong with them but if you are looking for a little variety and sweetness a fruit would bring more satisfaction.
  • jpw430
    jpw430 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    To be able to have larger portions of favorite comfort foods, I add veggies to a lot of dishes that didn't originally call for them. For instance, I love potatoes and potato dishes that traditionally have lots of calories/fat/sodium and I'm sure many other unhealthy things. When I want all of that naughtiness, I might make the dish with healthy swaps (low-fat/low-sodium cheeses etc.) - and then add a bunch of green beans (canned without salt), extra onion to original recipe, also green/red/orange peppers and celery. The added veggies combined into a "comfort food" potato dish really makes it so you can have satisfying "man sized" portions, but with far less of what you don't need. The comfort part is still just as good, but the unhealthy dish has become a healthy one.

So - add veggies to favorite dishes and have the portion size that you would normally have, but the fat/calories will be far less. Experiment.
  • Niliii
    Niliii Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    easy on the carrot, it has lots of sugar in it.

Carrots are a natural sugar not the same as a processed sugar. Enjoy your carrots.

Exactly. Lots of vitamins too.

I believe the point of the original person's comment was not to discourage carrots per say but just point out that out of all the veggies, carrots are possibly the highest in sugar and calories. Until WW introduced their point’s plus program they were one of the only veggies that had points (that and corn). Nothing wrong with them but if you are looking for a little variety and sweetness a fruit would bring more satisfaction.

in deed, thanks :)
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    campbells select light soups less than 00 calories for the all veggie ones, you can spice them up with extra water, spinich, onion, green peppers, tomatoe, just about anything you like. can make a huge meal.