Thunder thighs and saggy knees?

GemmieNoWobbles
GemmieNoWobbles Posts: 398 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi All
OK - how to get rid of big thighs and toddler knees?

Replies

• tammyquinnlmt
    tammyquinnlmt Posts: 680 Member
    bumping..but I think the answer will be squats, squats and more squats!
  • cochilles
    cochilles Posts: 41
    step aerobics works 100%
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Running, jogging, step aerobics, kick boxing, hiking....
  • what is saggy, or toddler knees?
  • gentlebreeze2
    gentlebreeze2 Posts: 450 Member
    I have lost the most weight in my thighs with stationary bike work.
  • Birdnicaj
    Birdnicaj Posts: 95
    To answer what those knees are, I'll just say I call them chipmunk cheek knees! Hate them hate them hate them!!!!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    I find that weight lifting weight lifting and more weight lifting has helped me significantly! I too suffer from the double knee and jiggly thighs! I HATE IT!
  • Squats, light jogging, walking and step aerobics are making my thunder thighs stronger but not loosing in terms of inches.... I'm planning on sticking with it though to see if that changes. It's the good old bingo wings I'm more bothered about :grumble: :laugh:
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Do some lunges, squats, spinning, running
    Just get your legs moving, find something fun and you will see them change
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    what is saggy, or toddler knees?

Well if im anything to go by; it's when you have very fat legs, or you have just started to loose weight and you have slightly saggy legs.
    But ever way it's when this fat or skin hangs over the top of your kness.
    And punches up very nastly in trousers...

Although thinking about it, it doesn't sound like 'toddler' knees...
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Squats, light jogging, walking and step aerobics are making my thunder thighs stronger but not loosing in terms of inches.... I'm planning on sticking with it though to see if that changes. It's the good old bingo wings I'm more bothered about :grumble: :laugh:

Bingo wings, you need to do tricep curls or isolate the triceps, it hurts like hell but works.
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/l/blsampletricep.htm

In reply to everyone, I run alot, I do elliptical training, I used to do step aerobics, spinning and god knows what else but I could never shift the thighs... I am seeing a personal trainer tomorrow - maybe she'll have the answer!? I have seriously strong legs but cant seem to shift the size :-(
  • 1RareJewel
    1RareJewel Posts: 440 Member
    bump
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Fat loss!

I have very thick thighs and used to have SERIOUS toddler knees (I knew exactly what you meant LOL) and fat loss is the only thing that will reduce the size and appearance of your knee 'bulge'. Of course that comes from reducing calories and maintaining regular exercise. Lifting will give your thighs a nice shape which will develop as you lose the fat covering the muscles. I have also found that going off the pill has reduced my cellulite, although my overall weight hasn't changed. That definitely improved my thighs without even having to lose inches.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    ** bump ** LOL!!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    I've not only toned my bottom and thighs butost inches there with doing a mix of jillians workouts-30 day shred-no more trouble zones all have helped along with a few days of walking on an incline on my treadmill
  • For many, like me, my thighs never really get that much smaller - I'll always have "big" thighs, but by doing some of these things, my thighs look much, much better because of the muscle definition. But it takes both cardio & strength training to shape your thighs.

Strength moves:
    A) sumo squat (or plie squat - http://exercise.about.com/od/exerciseworkouts/ss/howtosquat_6.htm)
    B) walking lunges & hold for 5-8 secs in the lunge before taking the next step - work up to using a barbell behind your neck (not only does using the barbell add weight, but it helps with proper posture)
    C) wall squat - hold for at least 30 secs, do this twice. Gradually work up to holding for 45 secs, 2x, then 60 secs, then even 90 secs.
    D) regular squats - work up to using a barbell & remember to always make sure your knees do not extend past your toes - proper alignment is key
    E) many yoga positions work legs, including warrior 1, 2, & 3

Cardio: as others have said, great workouts for legs include step aerobics, spin class (or bike outside), hiking or hill walking, sprints/jogging, kickboxing

• Bingo wings, you need to do tricep curls or isolate the triceps, it hurts like hell but works.
    http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightlifting/l/blsampletricep.htm

Thank you, will definately check this out. Much appreciated.
  • GemmieNoWobbles
    Fat loss!

I have very thick thighs and used to have SERIOUS toddler knees (I knew exactly what you meant LOL) and fat loss is the only thing that will reduce the size and appearance of your knee 'bulge'. Of course that comes from reducing calories and maintaining regular exercise. Lifting will give your thighs a nice shape which will develop as you lose the fat covering the muscles. I have also found that going off the pill has reduced my cellulite, although my overall weight hasn't changed. That definitely improved my thighs without even having to lose inches.

OK, so just keep at it really!! If only there was an easy answer.

** impressive back by the way ** Lol
  • Christie422
    Christie422 Posts: 120 Member
    Good info! I was wondering about the knee thing too, I have such a huge disgusting bulge of fat on my inner knees. I HATE IT!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Fat loss!

OK, so just keep at it really!! If only there was an easy answer.

** impressive back by the way ** Lol

Thanks!

Haha, there is no quick fix, but in terms of simplicity I think this is a pretty easy solution. Just keep on keepin' on!
This discussion has been closed.