Chalene Extreme or Turbo Fire?

Options
I was planning on ordering one of these two wokrout's today. I just finished P90X and looking to mix things up a bit. Still need to lose about 20-25 lbs. If you've done one or both of these workout programs, which do you think will get the weight off the fastest?

Replies

• dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you are trying to do.

TurboFire is alot of cardio so it is great for weight loss. Chalene is very similiar to P90x but not as intense. I would totally say TurboFire!!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    Options
    I was planning on ordering one of these two wokrout's today. I just finished P90X and looking to mix things up a bit. Still need to lose about 20-25 lbs. If you've done one or both of these workout programs, which do you think will get the weight off the fastest?
    Chalean focuses a lot of heavy weights and toning....
    Turbofire,,, I don't know much about.
  • cinico
    cinico Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    HI, I had the same question before I started my hybrid! Many people encouraged me to order Turbofire and that is what I did! Since you have P90x I would also go with Turbofire! I did Insantiy first and now I am doing a hybrid of them both Turbo/Insanity! I am loosing weight with this mix! So I would go with Turbo!
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    If you get TurboFire, go to Beachbody and there is a schedule for Hybriding the two. So- you can have the best of both :wink:
  • jeninne
    Options
    TurboFire and P90X, I mean- you can mix up those two
  • JaimeNay
    JaimeNay Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Ok I'll look into the hybrid. I lost over 18 inches and 10 lbs doing P90X and definetely gained some strength, so I don't want to lose the muscle I've built, but I do want to lose more weight in my thigh and stomach areas and get more defined arms and abs.

Anyone else with an opinion? I haven't ordered yet.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I love them both. I'm in the second month of Chalean Extreme and I'm definitely seeing a lot more toning happening than with Turbor Fire. Turbo Fire really helped shed the weight. I'm planning on doing a hyrbrid of the two when I'm done with CLX. I kind of already do it because I subsitute a TF cardio workout with the one in CLX.
  • JaimeNay
    Options
    What about mixing up the cardio workouts from P90X with Chalene Extreme? Would that work, or would the workouts be too long?
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    You can make your workouts as long as you want. Cardio-wise you would benefit the most with Turbo Fire. If you want a step up to Turbo Fire, then Turbo Jam would be a good start.
  • Loribell23
    Options
    I would say Turbo Fire. I am on week 3 and loving it. It's so much fun and the music is awesome and gets you pumped up! I have already lost 4 pounds.
  • sass30
    sass30 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I can't say a whole lot about weight loss with TurboFire as I just started it last week but I lost 25 lbs with ChaLeane Extreme.
    I absolutely LOVE both!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    I can't say a whole lot about weight loss with TurboFire as I just started it last week but I lost 25 lbs with ChaLeane Extreme.
    I absolutely LOVE both!
    OooOOOooH So I may lose that last 15lbs of fat hangin around ;)
  • sky1985
    sky1985 Posts: 3
    Options
    i lost about 35 pounds with turbo jam but i just got the new turbo fire and god the way you feel when your done i think turbo fire is your best bet although i did just start this one. But wow very intense!!!!!
  • sky1985
    sky1985 Posts: 3
    Options
    help what do you put in your diary for workout when you do the turbo fire? I know that putting 15 minutes of cardio is not even close to the calories burned with the turbo fire workout!!!!
  • jeninne
    Options
    big fan of a HR monitor!!
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    absolutely!!!!! Me too!!! :-D
  • fitaliciag
    fitaliciag Posts: 373
    Options
    absolutely!!!!! Me too!!! :-D

yes, you have to get one! with a chest strap, then you can put in the more accurate calories
  • JaimeNay
    Options
    Thanks for all your advice. I decided to order both Chalene Extreme and Turbo Fire and maybe do a hybrid of the two. I already have a heart rate monitor, love it. Can't wait till it comes in this week.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Options
    great Jaime! Keep us posted :-D
  • nephie
    nephie Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Jaime,

My turbo fire just arrived yesterday, I already have ChX and planning on following the hybrid schedule they suggest. I was doing really well last year, then I totally got side tracked with life/work, so now I'm back to square one diet/weight wise so I'll be posting my results from these two workouts. Good luck with your progress! :smile: