Frustrating but...

wagn27
wagn27 Posts: 65
edited September 26 in Success Stories
I lost 0.5 lbs! Slightly disappointed (ok, a LOT disappointed) after 4 weeks of hard work. but better than nothing. So instead whining about it and getting discouraged, I'm posting my small amount of progress and plan to do better. I don't always eat perfect, and occassionaly I go over my calories a little, but I've been trying so hard to keep it under, even if it's only by 30 calories or so. Haven't missed a workout yet, so I'll just keep getting at the food side.

And of course, after reading allllll the posts about measurements and not always going by the scale, I didn't measure, so I'm consoling myself with the fact that maybe I'm more toned than I was 4 weeks ago.

Replies

• Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Yeah i hear ya, i just did i week full of HUGE exercise and a somewhat ok diet and i lost 0.2 pounds! i was kinda disapointed, but i said it's the muscles im develpoing, im doing strength training in almost every workout i do! so it could be that. LESSON: dont let the scale distingish how you feel!
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Stick with it! Remember that muscle is heavier than fat. You could also be retaining water. I recommend weighing yourself at the same time each day or week--I weigh myself in the AM before I eat and after I flush my system. Self-prepared foods also are ideal. I never realized how much sodium is in processed foods and recently added sodium intake to my diary.

Before you know you will be wearing your VS bikini and turning even more heads. High Five!
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Go ahead and take measurements today! It is really quite motivating. I didn't take them until I'd already been here a week or two and now I really wish I had measured the day I started. It is true that you will see changes in measurements sometimes even when the scale seems 'stuck'.

Congrats on the loss! Any loss is a good loss!

Sounds as though you know what you need to tweak in your eating plan to have continued success, and you'll do it!
  • Maganda1208
    Maganda1208 Posts: 3 Member
    Keep it up! Don't be discourage by the weight lost... according to some health fitness professional, when you are dieting and exercising, you can judge your progress by the inches you lose and not by the weight. It's true that muscles are heavier than fat, so maybe it might help to find out if you measure yourself, so you will see your progress.

I just joined this website last Thursday, and am excited to find out what progress I will have the next time I weight in. I will give it another week to weight in and measure myself. I will post progress. I suggest looking into Dr. OZ diet at www.RealAge.com. You don't really diet, rather you eat the right kind of food that helps you lose belly fat. I used it and it worked.
  • Oh... Yeah I lost a stone on this back between December and January ...maintained the diet but barely recorded what I ate til February and got super strict as I was gaining it again. Since then....I lost some but just tried on my size 10 skirt today (10 was the shock size I had been a 6 before I put on 3 stone so don't judge me for wanting to be smaller than that) and was in tears. It doesn't fit. All my hard work dieting AND exercising 2 hours nearly every day has not helped at all. I never wanted to be too thin I'm nearly 10 stone again and 5'4" ... I was 7 and a half only just last year ... The doctors say there's nothing going on to cause such a huge weight gain. Even with my two babies both of them put together I was not this big and my youngest is 2 so this is not baby weight.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,249 Member
    I can truly feel you on that.. We all get a little anxious for things to happen quickly but dont get frustrated..Just try harder and incorporate new workout an snacks or meals to your plan..You are beating the odds so believe that. It is so many out there that are not even trying so thats a plus in itself..You can do it..Stay encouraged..
  • Maganda1208
    Maganda1208 Posts: 3 Member
    I too gets discourage when I step on the weight scale and it barely moved. What motivates me to keep on going is that I feel a little difference on how my clothes fits me. I learned in the past that in order for you to be fit, is not only you eat right, you have to exercise too. Muscles do weights hearvier than fats, so don't be discourage. I tell that to myself too. I try to squeeze in at least 30 minutes to do cardio and a little bit of weight training. It seems to work cause I can fit on some of the clothes that I wasn't able to fit in for a long time. I am not a skinny bone, my smallest have been 5, then I went to 7 for a long time and about a year or two the only size I can fit in is 9 or 10 and sometimes I don't even fit on them, so I have to go 1 size bigger. How's that for a disappointment.

Now that I'm getting a little of progress although it's not as much as I expected... I'm still going to keep on doing what I'm doing cause I know I will get there one way or another for as long as we stay motivated to reach our goal.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!