ideas for filling veggie meals please!

Options
hello

just thought it would be good to share ideas.

ta

bex

Replies

• DaniiDean
    DaniiDean Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Stir fry.... big yummy mushrooms, mange tout, sugar snaps, pepper, asparagus :) delicious
  • Hannaca1992
    Options
    try www.quorn.co.uk (:
    Have some great ones, and some just for slimmers!
  • Tammysueless
    Options
    Soup, soup and more soup!!! I find that makeing a low cal, high flavor soup (like cabbage) with tons of veggies and having a cup of that with my meal is really filling. :happy:
  • RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    www.goneraw.com

Lots of veggies!
  • bethrs
    bethrs Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash with tomato sauce- always makes me so full I could bust.

Naked Taco Salad (with black beans, salsa, lettuce, peppers, and yogurt or sour cream and very little cheese) some times I eat a cup of brown rice with this and mix in some of the salsa, etc.

veggie chilli (very lazy meal with 1 can tomatoes, 1 cup black beans, 1 can kidney beans, 1 clove garlic, 1 tblspn of chilli powder and 1 tblspn of cumin, 50 grams of chopped onion, garnished with yogurt or sour cream or cheese if you like. )

HTH.
  • amyelizabethrn75
    Options
    Lettuce wraps!!!!! Boston lettuce and fill it with anything and everything! Carrots, mung means, cucumbers, beans, tomatoes, feta cheese...... for those who eat meat I love it with a few pieces of shredded chicken tossed in Thai Kitchens peanut satay sauce! It is so low in calories that you can eat a bunch without feeling guilty and get full too!
  • danipals
    danipals Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I add zuchini, peppers, and mushrooms to at least one meal a day to bulk it up. I buy a whole bunch of each, chop them up and keep them in the fridge. I love them roasted with a little olive oil and balsamic as a side dish or make them into veggie chili, add them to soups, eggs, rice, pasta sauce...everything I can think of.