Movies changed these songs...

Options
Shannon023
Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
Steeler's Wheel, "Stuck in the Middle with you" - can't hear that song without thinking about a handsome gangster chopping some poor cop's ear off. :love:

Tom Petty, "American Girl" - Don't help the dude with the broken arm!!!! You're gonna be sorry!!!!! happy107.gif

And although never a big fan of the song, Heart shouldn't have sold out "What about love" to a dust mop. :tongue: :laugh:

Add your songs! :drinker: :smile:

Replies

• ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    Seger - Like A Rock will always be a chevy truck (not a GM fan)...
  • Shannon023
    Options
    Seger - Like A Rock will always be a chevy truck (not a GM fan)...

Although his family refused them the rights, I had heard that Preparation H wanted Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire". :laugh: Even though they can't use it, I think hemorrhoids when I hear that song. :laugh:
  • JesaGrace
    JesaGrace Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Okay, this one is so random and so old, but I really can't listen to this song without thinking of this movie

Song - "Everybody Dance Now"

Movie - "Man of the House" starring Chevy Chase and Jonathan Taylor Thomas(back when he was huge)

I can't hear this song without seeing that part of the movie where they are in they're indian scout uniforms doing that rain dance....I know....weird and random...right??
  • jmecale72
    jmecale72 Posts: 214
    Options
    It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones will always remind me of Carlton in Fresh Prince of Bel Air...
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Cool topic. Will have to put on my thinking cap
  • jrueckert
    jrueckert Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Okay, this one is so random and so old, but I really can't listen to this song without thinking of this movie

Song - "Everybody Dance Now"

Movie - "Man of the House" starring Chevy Chase and Jonathan Taylor Thomas(back when he was huge)

I can't hear this song without seeing that part of the movie where they are in they're indian scout uniforms doing that rain dance....I know....weird and random...right??

Haha me too :)
  • Angie80281
    Angie80281 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    It's Not Unusual by Tom Jones will always remind me of Carlton in Fresh Prince of Bel Air...

Yes! Me too! I can just picture him snapping his fingers and swaying his hips from side to side too. :laugh:
  • BigCountry00
    Options
    I hear Elvis singing "In the Ghetto" and remember the South Park episode. I am not even a South Park fan......
  • NobodyKnows
    NobodyKnows Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Got One!

Just Once by James Ingram

Every time I hear that song I think of the movie Last American Virgin. That poor boy couldn't get laid! :embarassed:
  • SageGoddess320
    SageGoddess320 Posts: 2,589 Member
    Options
    Robin Williams dancing to "Dude Looks Like A Lady" in Mrs. Doubtfire :laugh:
  • Shannon023
    Options

:laugh:
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Steeler's Wheel, "Stuck in the Middle with you" - can't hear that song without thinking about a handsome gangster chopping some poor cop's ear off. :love:

Tarantino has the best soundtracks!
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Me too!!!
  • Shannon023
    Options

Tarantino has the best soundtracks!

Agreed. Never even really liked "Girl, you'll be a woman soon" until Pulp Fiction! :glasses:
  • JMJohnson1005
    JMJohnson1005 Posts: 222 Member
    Options

Yes! Me too! I can just picture him snapping his fingers and swaying his hips from side to side too. :laugh:

Me too!
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I always picture The Dude driving with a beer and a cigarette when I hear "Lookin' Out My Back Door" by Creedence
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Try a Little Tenderness by Otis Redding in Pretty in Pink. That is one of my favorite scenes ever. Too bad Duckie went the way of Two and Half Men. He was cool back in the day.
  • sandybeach11
    sandybeach11 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    A loooong time ago Oprah challenged a family to give up watching tv for a period of time. When the movers were hauling away the tvs and the family was crying they were playing the crooning Michael Bolton 'How Am I Supposed to Live Without You". Very funny song over during the slow motion crying over a tv!
  • distractedmom
    Options
    I have huge love for "Tiny Dancer" by Elton John from the move "Almost Famous." Never paid attention to it until that movie.
    Also, "Danke Schoen" and "Oh, Yeah" from Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    3 Doors Down - Let Me Be Myself - Ruined by the frickin' GEICO commercial :cry: