Trying to find another phrase for "Weight Loss Journey"

Options
TayJoMama
TayJoMama Posts: 348 Member
Let me say I've really enjoyed being on MFP and it has really helped set me on the right path for a healthy lifestyle. But when describing my weight loss, I don't really like using the words "Weight Loss Journey". I guess because I'm a fan of The Biggest Loser, I feel like those words imply something much deeper and harder than what I'm doing. For me, there's not a whole lot of emotion or psychology involved (except when I hit a plateau, that's so damn frustrating):mad: . I've just been eating too much of the wrong crap for years and now that I'm aware, I'm doing something about it. What's a good phrase for that?:smile:

Replies

• Beebs33
    Beebs33 Posts: 262
    Options
    Kicking fat's *kitten*:laugh:
  • deannasw
    deannasw Posts: 47
    Options
    Healthy Adventure :)
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    LOL, I thought of something like that. Or kicking my own *kitten*!!
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    Healthy Adventure :)
    I like that!!
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Haha mine is: Im getting lean and mean.

Or

Getting in shape
    Becoming healthier
    Improving myself

generic stuff like that
  • BigCountry00
    Options
    "The path to a new ME"
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    "The Ongoing Tales of a Healthier Me"
  • tallen3687
    tallen3687 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    That is funny. I was just thinking of the same thing. I know this is a journey, but i also watch the Biggest Loser and have always said that I don't have enough "emotions" to be on it. Their's is a journey. I think mine is just a "Wake up and stop eating and being lazy experience!" No one made me do this to my body but me. So if you come up with a great term, I can't wait to hear it. Good Luck on everything!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    I just say, Im trying to become a better person.... inside and out.
  • AbiNichole
    AbiNichole Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I agree The Biggest Loser seems so much more intense than what I'm doing. Though I don't doubt that I have some pent up emotional issues that have affected my relationship w/ food. I usually say I've lost 14 lbs "since I've been eating healthier" or "focusing on my health." I get really offended when ppl say "how's your diet coming." I always correct them and say that it's a lifestyle change and that "diet" implies restriction and I'm not depriving myself of anything I want- just being more intentional about my eating. :flowerforyou:
  • sara_bear84
    sara_bear84 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    "Fat to Fab!"
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    On the road to a happy and healthy lifestyle!!
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    "Wake up and stop eating and being lazy experience!"
    Love this! It's me exactly!
  • rockabyesarojane
    Options
    my page greeting pretty much sums up why i'm here: "look good, feel good initiative"
  • TayJoMama
    Options
    my page greeting pretty much sums up why i'm here: "look good, feel good initiative"
    Wow you guys have really given me some good ones to chose from, thank so much!!
  • curlgirl_03
    Options
    I call it a "Lifestyle change"
  • thedons
    thedons Posts: 41
    Options
    when i first joined i read a post by a gentleman who has an awesome positve attitute that really made an impact on me. he said its not weight losing its health winning. our journey is of course to lose weight but also to get healthier. his statement made me not focus on the numbers on the scale so much as eating healthier & getting more exercise.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Kicking fat's *kitten*:laugh:

:laugh: :drinker: :laugh: haha I love this one.. Imma use it!