Unfit, unmarried and unmotivated waves hello

Options
I'm new to MFP so I thought I'd say hi. Like all of you I want to lose weight and be healthy!

The reason for my title is that, compared to some of you who are married with kids and working hard, I have relatively little responsibilities so I feel incredibly lazy because I should be able to exercise, eat well, etc., etc. I'm looking for friends with similar challenges (or lack thereof) like myself so we can help motivate each other! More about me: I cannot live without white rice (I'm Asian), and I hate veggies (I know, that makes it really *easy* to eat healthily.) :( Please feel free to add me!

Good luck to us all!

Replies

• Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    /wave =)
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Hellooo. Im' fairly new to the site too, and I haven't lost anything yet. :/ But it looks like you have ALOT less weight to lose than I do. I too can't live without my rice. D:
  • sneakysanchez711
    Options
    Im in the same situation, ready to change it though. Broke up with my favorite Vice "Beer" in order to achieve my goals. Have fun
  • ItsTerriC
    ItsTerriC Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    i'm married, but unfit and used to be unmotivated. We share eating challenges. I hate veggies. Pretty much all of them. It makes a healthy diet challenging and really impacts my daily calorie allowance. I love white carbs - my devil food! Feel free to add me and I'll try to help you stay motivated and stop making excuses not to exercise. Believe me, I was a master at them!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    as time goes on the things you thought you could not do become the possibly and your taste buds do change for the better. trust it can be done! and im southern and in my neck of the wood people believe baked mac and cheese is a veggie lol good luck! ☾
  • mymelody_78
    mymelody_78 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my situation! LOL I'm sending you an add request.
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Hello back! Also unmarried and without the responsibilities that come with marriage. I've been on the site since January and lost 18 lbs so far. Last Sunday I ran my first 5K (pats self on back!). However I feel that my motivation to exercise is waning. ACK! Please feel free to send a friend request... I feel that those people who active in their support network (actively cheering on their pals' accomplishments) are also more likely to get cheered on in return - which definitely helps boost motivation during the lulls!
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Feel free to add me if you like... i'm also not a huge veggie fan... so I'm trying to eat a lot of different veggies to find ones that I do like, or at least can tolerate... but I've found that putting a little salsa, salad dressing, marinara sauce, or laughing cow cheese sauce can mask the favor and not make it so vegetably tasting... you also might want to try brown rice instead of white... small changes can make a big difference! Welcome
  • craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    yup, that would be me. i'm italian so i can't live without pasta, and i HATE SALAD!! veggies are ok, but anything with lettuce...gross. and aren't salads basically what make up a diet? i replaced pasta with vegan pasta, and white rice with white quinoa....i know it's not the same, but i use those replacements on a regular basis, and have the real thing on "maintenance days" and it works out for me.
  • Orionpk
    Orionpk Posts: 4
    Options
    Wow, thanks all for the warm welcome. I have a good feeling about this community :) I hope to learn to eat less rice and more veggies-alternate. Finding the motivation is the hardest part to all this, regardless of how much you need to lose.