Are you seeing results from doing the stationary bike?

Options
I started doing the stationary bike about a month ago and it actually raises my heart rate more than the treadmill. Stupid question but does it ONLY help the legs, and are you seeing good results on it? I am going to continue doing it, i set it on random which give me a good burn.

Replies

• ashley0616
    ashley0616 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I've noticed a definite improvement in my leg muscle tone since adding the bike into my routine. You can incorporate your core muscles into the workout by paying special attention to them and sitting straight, sucking in the abs, etc, while you are biking.
  • The treadmill is more beneficial than the bike. Running works out your legs AND your core, whereas the bike as you said, just targets your legs. Running will give you a more lean shape and you get more out of it as far as sweating and calorie burn.
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    I am seeing results doing the bike on both my legs and core. I really try and pay attention to my core while i am biking. I lost alot of weight just doing the bike back in high school and no so far I am down 24 lbs in just under two months by mostly just doing the bike. I am gong to be walking when the weather gets better here and also adding some strength training soon. good luck!