Weight loss for older people

Options
OK, I guess I am not a senior citizen and my doctor has told me to lose weight. I would like to be friends with others that are close to my age. I still feel 25 but the body says 65 or 70. Anyone?

Replies

• grnadmaM
    grnadmaM Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! trying to lose some weight.y doctor said i would feel better and it would help my health problems. I am a diabetic on insulin and metformin. any suggestions how to do this difficult job!!
  • dandi1
    dandi1 Posts: 10
    Options
    I wish I knew how to help you, however my doctor told me the same thing, lose weight and I would feel better. I am 5'10 224 lbs and have a bad ticker (heart). He told me if I got down to 160-170 range I would feel so much better and health issues would improve. I do not know much about diabeaties, because it has not been an issue in my family, thankgoodness. I understand you have to be particular about what you eat and when you eat. But if you have been dealing with it most of your life I am sure you are aware of that. I think this MyFitnessPal is a good site and a great way to track what you are eating. I have really been impressed with it. My biggest problem has always been snacks, I crave potato chips, corn chips, peanut butter crackers or almost anything salty. My wife likes sweets, cakes and cookies etc. They do not bother me, I can take them or leave them but boy do I love chips. I think I am suffereing withdrawals today. I have had no chips since Friday. Best wishes.