Small Changes, but they still count, right?!?

Options
I just finished Day 7 of the 30 Day Shred last night, and this morning I took measurements and weighed in. I wasn't expecting much, as it's only been a week, BUT I've lost a total of 4.25 inches and 3.8lbs!!! :D I think a lot of the weight loss was water, as I'm finally making a concious effort to drink enough, but it still counts, right?

I had prepeared myself for not seeing any changes yet, but also knew that I was going to be disappointed if there weren't, so seeing the tape measure go smaller felt great!

0.25" from my neck
1" from my waist
0.5" from my hips
1" from my upper thigh
1" from my upper arm
0.5" from just below my knee

I think I'm going to go on a nice long walk to celebrate!

Replies

• eating4balance
    eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Great job!

The one inch from your waist is awesome. I find that's the hardest spot for me to lose on. :smile:
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    It still counts! You sound so much like me.. I lose weight and then I come up with reasons why it doesn't really count or why it will probably come back because I am so afraid to just accept it and be excited.. in fear of disappointment I guess.
    But it counts!! Let's both accept it :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Wow, nice job!
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    It always counts, just don't be discouraged when you don't lose that much. In the beginning some of us tend to lose quickly but then it starts going more and more slowly, so just keep in mind that it all counts and keep up the great work! Congrats!
  • mistyrider
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

The waist measurement was at my belly button. Unfortunately, my post-3 babies muffin top is still the same size :p Belly button seemed like the best place to be able to repeatedly measure accurately though.

I'm seeing quite a difference in the tone in my arms and thighs as well, which feels good. My calves are still hidden under a lot of fat apparently, but I'm sure they're toning up as well!
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Great Job .....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!