How often/when do you weigh?

Options
Just wondering as I think I weigh too often and get either dsheartened or complacent! I aways try to weigh first thing in the morning without clothes on but want to stick to a certain day to weigh. Can't decide which day to do though :-/

Replies

• Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Mine's Tuesday, any days as good as another but in some cases ie if weekends are a problem for you you may want Monday morning knowing you're going to pay for weekend indulgences on the scale... or you may take friday so last weeks indulgences are taken care of before this weeks round of it.

Pick a day, and stick to it, any day will serve. I check my weight once a week, though I do weigh 3 times to get a consistent number.
  • lmb1221
    lmb1221 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day first thing in the morning. I just can't stand the suspense! If I have lost a pound, it's good motivation. If I'm the same, it's still good motivation to keep trying!
  • emilylaura7
    Options
    i like to do fridays because more times than not i'll splurge more on the weekends than during the week. then i have 5 days to make up for it. may not be the best way to think about it, but i'm just being honest with myself!
  • Girlypeekaboo
    Options
    I do Monday mornings even tho I do weigh myself everyday I can't help it...I go crazy if I don't..but anyways Monday is my "official" weigh in n I do it in just bra n panties n aft I do my morning potty trip :)
  • robot_khamscott
    robot_khamscott Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    every week on a monday morning :D or the night before im due to go out (if i know i might eat something bad haha)
  • cdoane
    cdoane Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weight in once a week...every thursday, and i do it first thing in the morning as well before i eat or drink everything. sometimes if i am working hard i will weight myself midweek to see, but i dont log it in until thursday. i think once a week is good, cause it keeps you going. if you loose you feel encouraged, and if you dont i know it makes me push and work harder that next week to not have two weeks in a row that i dont see any change.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    Fridays ...
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Tuesday night, in a chemist fully clothed lol, would love to take my clothes off, but I don't think the other shoppers would be happy :(
  • Anathema13
    Options
    I actually do every day. It makes me feel accountable for what I eat the day before. If I have a lot of salt or general food I know that will be reflected in the scale the next morning. Every time I stop weighing myself on a daily basis it's because I can't face the scale and I eat like a hooligan. I realize the mentality and basis behind once a week. However, if I only do once a week, I grow complacent and I tell myself that any gains are from water weight or muscle gains. Daily accountability prevents me from doing that as my short-term memory won't let me get that far. If I were to pick to one day a week, though, it would be Monday to keep me from going overboard on the weekend.
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I only weigh in once a week on Friday mornings. I was weighing myself everyday and it was just too much. I know fluctuations up and down are normal but I was letting it affect my eating and working out. Also if I go out of town for the weekend or eat a little worse then I would during the week I have the whole week to make up for it.

Good luck.
  • bromk
    bromk Posts: 34
    Options
    I weigh every Friday morning, first thing, no clothes. Occassionally I will take a weight on Tuesday (mid-way) just to check progress, but Friday is the "official" number.
  • javarushed
    javarushed Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and I learned not to get upset if I "gained" a couple lbs from the day prior. The weight slowly drops overtime and I'm okay with that.
  • KCB1978
    KCB1978 Posts: 113
    Options
    I am planning to do Friday mornings although the temptation to do it daily is too much...
  • a_stronger_steph
    a_stronger_steph Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Every day, and I record it in my Google Docs spreadsheet.
    I have started taking a rolling average of the measurements from the previous seven days, as that smooths out any fluctuations. I may make a post on how to do this sometime in the future! :)
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I am not going to lie... I weigh myself twice a day... EVERYDAY - not becuase I am going to loose from hour to hour or whatever...but it does make me feel more accountable day to day. Even if I don't loose everyday... sometimes you do. It matters to me.

I do an offical on Mondays, with waist and butt measurments
  • JellyPrz619
    JellyPrz619 Posts: 172
    Options
    HOnestly.. i weigh myself twice a DAY just to SEE... but only record it once a week =)
  • busymamaof4
    busymamaof4 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I weigh 1st thing (after using the bathroom) EVERY morning. it helps keep me on track.
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to focus more on my health than the actual number on the scale. I don't weigh in very often, maybe once a week or so. But it isn't ever a surprise really because I know what I've been eating and how much I've been exercising, and as long as I keep doing good with that, the numbers will go down. If I focus too much on the number on the scale I will inevitably get discouraged. I find that my weight isn't always a direct correlation with what I've just done the day before. More times than not takes a couple days or even a week to even out or catch up. I used to be the type of person who would have an "off" day, see the scale up several pounds the next day and get discouraged. But I now know that isn't a direct correlation. The scale doesn't know the difference between fat, muscle, water and even your bowels for that matter.
  • beefypants
    Options
    My wife thinks i'm rediculous for weighing in everyday so i'm trying to cut back. I do, however, agree with the folks who like weighing in to keep themselves accountable on a daily basis. That sounds logical to me.
  • sherryv02
    sherryv02 Posts: 26
    Options
    I weigh in every day first thing in the morning. I just can't stand the suspense! If I have lost a pound, it's good motivation. If I'm the same, it's still good motivation to keep trying!

This is me 100%. My official WI day is wednesday, but I do the above for the above reason lol