Peeing like a racehorse...

faerie_dust
faerie_dust Posts: 25
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
I'm sorry to be so crude but is anyone else finding that what with all this water, you can't stop peeing?

There are some advantages:
1. Water is good for you.
2. Drinking lots of water helps lose weight.
3. Having to get up from whatever I'm doing to go to the toilet every 3 minutes MUST burn calories right?

However, there are some disadvantages too:
1. I don't get very much (besides peeing) done during my working day.
2. I HATE having to get up at night to go to the toilet, it cramps my sleeping style.
3. It's quite disturbing wondering if, in the 45 minute drive home, I'm going to be able to hold it in or will I have to stop on the side of the road.

Random mumblings of a professional peeer.

Replies

• robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    My only suggestion is to schedule your water consumption to limit the disturbances. No water in the last hour or so before bed or the hour before the trip home might be good starts. You need the water though, so don't just cut down!
  • paloma1182
    paloma1182 Posts: 68 Member
    hahahahah this is awesome!!! i was just thinking about this today! im going potty like crazy!!!!

thank u for reading my mind!

xoxoxxo
  • epj78
    epj78 Posts: 643 Member
    he he he - I hear your downfalls here's how I look at them:

1. Think of all those extra steps you are getting in at work going back and forth to the bathroom
    2. Hmmm, no real good thing here. I cut off my water about 6:00 pm because of this, frankly.
    3. Same here, I cut myself off an hour before I leave work and make one final stop at the bathroom RIGHT (and I mean immediately) before I walk out the door. I have a 50 minute drive so I understand!
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    a little easier for a guy to pee on the side of the road, but im with you ..gallons of pee here to ...lol..
  • mydoc3
    mydoc3 Posts: 232 Member
    Ok..this had me cracking up. But you are so right. I am constantly having to run to the potty. But I just look at it as added cardio and getting me up from my desk alot!! :)

Barb
  • Jami22
    Jami22 Posts: 253 Member
    I am experiencing the exact same problems! I went from drinking absolutely no water to drinking only water!! Oh my goodness I pee like 20 more times a day now! But I guess it's a good problem to have! And like you said even makes you more active!
  • Im sooo glad you posted this because I really thought I was the only one. And all the girls at work make fun of me! lol
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    one benefit to working from home most days....elastic jammie pants....if I had to dress up with work clothes and nylons, etc with belts, I fear I'd be writing this post myself. hee hee.
  • You only Pee like a racehorse, I pee like a herd of them and all of the above are the same thing I go through. The bathroom at work is on the 4th floor so I have to walk up and down steps at least 4-5 times in an 8 hour period.
  • julsofdenial
    julsofdenial Posts: 225 Member
    I thought my bladder was going to explode yesterday in Walgreens!

I try to drink all my water early in the day .. or at least by dinner. Then maybe one glass after so I can sleep all night.
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    I feel your pain! but it does get better! I have been drinking TONS of water a day for over a year now and my body/or bladder? has adjusted accordingly. Keep on drinking that water!
  • IrishChick71
    IrishChick71 Posts: 311 Member
    I drink a lot of water (100oz. a day) and also unload it often. But since I stop drinking about 2 hrs before I go to sleep, I don't get pulled awake by my bladder anymore though I do still have to go as soon as I wake up.

Also it helped with my weigh-in days resticting a little more like 4 hrs before going to bed and weighing as soon as I potty in the morning.
  • JennDoesKeto
    JennDoesKeto Posts: 244 Member
    i try to get the majority of my water in during the day at work. the walking to the bathroom is extra cardio (i dont count) and when i get home i tend to sip water for the time before bed ive gotten to where i was going 3-4 times a night to 1-2 times. but then unless the kitty wakes up when i get up im able to fall back asleep fairly quick if she wakes up forget it shes up messing with me for almost an hour.
  • dyerdl17
    dyerdl17 Posts: 9
    Okay, okay, so yes water can make you pee more... But try this... I drink 16oz of water with every meal. (4 meals). It works for me to get my 8 cups in. Anything that I drink in between is just bonus. I work at a job where I can't have a drink at my desk so I rarely drink anything except on my lunch. So I'm thinking if you try my method you may pee less at work and at night... Well it works for me at least.... Good luck!
  • Nakisha81
    Nakisha81 Posts: 24
    I was just talking about this to a friend today. I work from 9am-6pm so, I drink water from 9am-3pm and give myself 3hours to get it all out before my 45min ride home.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    HAHAHA these comments are making laugh so hard... potty break lol... I was telling my dad the other day I am peeing like I was when I was in my 3rd trimester and my kids kicked my bladder every 10 minutes lol. I cant stop going to the bathroom! lol
  • msenn2692
    msenn2692 Posts: 20 Member
    i am with you on the frequent bathroom trips. But it does get better with time. I drink 120 mL of water a day unless i have coffee then i increase 1 cup water for every cup of coffee. Has really cut back on my cofee drinking.
  • elg1982
    elg1982 Posts: 167 Member
    Even though you might be making more trips to the bathroom, you are probably making better decisions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/8355106/People-with-full-bladders-make-better-decisions-scientists-discover.html
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    My downfall is cardio for over 30 minutes! I can't go much longer without a potty break...hate it!
  • klt1030
    klt1030 Posts: 82 Member
    OMG, I am soooooo right there with you! I think I've worn a hole in the carpet in my hallway. A few weeks ago I was sitting in Express Care with my Mom and I think I got up to pee 5 times. My Mom finally said "are you going again?? Do you need a urine culture-maybe you have a UTI".

I have to go to bed 1/2 hour earlier just to make up for the bathroom trips :)
This discussion has been closed.